Saturday, September 20, 2008

2 Pockets-full of Halloween Sweets


Here is a sweet Halloween package I made for my niece Gabby - she's getting a bunch of goodies during my visit in just 5 more weeks!  For this, I used my Trick or Sweet set by Taylored Expressions and the Halloween Key Ingredients, which are sold separately in the store but are a MUST HAVE since everything coordinates taking your guesswork away when you sit down to make your projects.  I made this little pocket present, if you will with the bellyband around it and when you remove it...
there is a set of hair ties peeking through.
here they are close-up.  I used polyshrink for the charms, coloring them in with my prismacolor pencils and attached coordinating ribbons & bows underneath.  I used E6000 (industrial strength glue) which really holds!!  Gabby has a sweet little hat box full of her hair bows & ties that she picks out when she's getting dressed.  I hope she wants to wear these for Halloween!  I used the sturdy cardboard the hair ties came on that I picked up at the Dollar Tree, covering it with the patterned paper, attaching a tab punch so they can be pulled out easily to keep the hair ties in place.

Next up is a more traditional pocket card also using the key ingredients.  Inside when you pull on the tab punch is...

a packet of pumpkin patch orange pop rocks!  Remember eating these as a kid?  I also remember some old urband legend or old wive's tales about these being dangerous to eat or combining them with a carbonated soda was not good or something. However I never heard of anyone dying from eating them.  Perhaps they are more adult-oriented treat, I think these will go to John instead of Gabby. 

I hope you liked these other ideas for using the Trick or Sweet set.  Don't forget about: 

Taylored Expressions Top Chef Challenge:
Enter the Top Chef Challenge by creating your most delectable birthday party ensemble using the Birthday Girl or Birthday Boy Key Ingredients and any of the new Stamp a Sweet Impression stamps so you can win Top Chef honors! Here are a few ideas to get you started in your party planning: invitation, party favor, party game, decorations, birthday gift, birthday card, thank you note, scrapbook page, etc. Your ensemble must include at least two pieces and you must upload it to Splitcoaststampers using keyword TETOPCHEF by Friday, October 10th! The winner will receive her choice of one of our next stamp releases FREE!  

EDITED TO ADD 9/8/10 linking to Tea Rose Home
Pin It

19 comments on "2 Pockets-full of Halloween Sweets"

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 10:01 AM CDT said...

Donna, these are absolutely ADORABLE! Oh my goodness!

Sharon Harnist on 10:10 AM CDT said...

What cute hair bows & shrinks, Donna, and great presentation! Love the Pop Rocks pocket card, too!

Carolina on 10:54 AM CDT said...

Can't get over how darlin' these are...hopefully I'll get to see them in person when we visit! You have made my morning...what a great treat to wake up to!

Ana Wohlfahrt on 11:19 AM CDT said...

ADORABLE treat holder!! I love your coloring too!

Taylor on 11:30 AM CDT said...

So cute and clever, Donna! I love your hair ties and the pop rocks pocket card is super cute! Pop rocks are one of my favorite candies! :)

Angie Tieman on 1:22 PM CDT said...

What fun little treats!! She is going to love them!

6 wacky women on 2:34 PM CDT said...

What a great little package. I just love the colors together. You have a lovely blog. Beautiful cards.
Karen

Lee on 4:09 PM CDT said...

Oh Donna of course these are soooo fun and cute!!! I hope you'll post a pic of Gabby in them!!! LOL

Unknown on 6:47 PM CDT said...

WOW Donna!! These are just terrific!! :)

Jami on 8:01 PM CDT said...

You have such great ideas Donna! I especially love the poket full of pop rocks! I loved pop rocks as kid!

Jessie/knightrone on 8:43 PM CDT said...

Totally cute, I love it!!

Cat Tidwell on 9:26 PM CDT said...

You do some of the most awesome little projects! I just love these! Where did you get that orange ribbon with the swirls?? LOVE it!

Alex on 10:59 PM CDT said...

Donna these are stinkin' adorable, she will love them!! They are too cute, girl! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Alex on 10:59 PM CDT said...

Donna these are stinkin' adorable, she will love them!! They are too cute, girl! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Donna on 9:02 AM CDT said...

Hi Donna! I love your blog, and I have an award for you at my blog! www.deesstudio.blogspot.com

Deb Wood on 7:28 PM CDT said...

These are way cute!!

Marilyn on 9:36 AM CDT said...

These are absolutely darling!! Gabbie is a very special little girl indeed!!!! What a special auntie you are!!!

jonisart on 11:28 AM CDT said...

This is such a great package, your niece is going to LOVE it! So cute!

Anonymous said...

Great job..! I love the sweet Halloween package. So cute.

Post a Comment