Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Black Magic & Dirty Ticket



The Black Magic technique is a great one!  If you haven't tried it yet & have all the tools necessary (black cardstock, white craft ink, colored pencils & solid image stamps) you really should!  This was last week's SCS Try a New Technique challenge TLC184 -in the forum it says open line art stamps but I personally prefer solid stamps.  On my card I used the Large Silhouette stamps (Poppies FS-8) by Starving Artistamps.  I recently got the Rose Red narrow grosgrain ribbon (I was so pleased SU! came out with that color because it's one of my favorites, well all the pinks are!) Basically, you stamp your image with craft ink on the black c/s and let it try.  Then used colored pencils over it.  I use Prismacolor & Koh-I-Noor pencils. In the forum, it says to use blending stumps, mineral spirits/baby oil.  But I prefer the look of the pencil as is.  I guess this is a super-modified personal version of the technique! 

My other Silhouette card uses the Baby's Breath (FS-11) .  I realize baby's breath is white but in the stampin world, I can do anything I want so I chose to make mine Riding Hood Red!  The Large ticket (54.02) is also from Starving Artistamps.  I got the large one because I wanted to be able to put sentiments in the center and this one fits it perfectly!  My DMIL didn't get the 'ticket' thing until I told her it was a ticket to open your eyes & 'See God's beauty that surrounds you'. I 'dirtied' up the ticket & card with my metallic rub-ons. 
Pin It

11 comments on "Black Magic & Dirty Ticket"

Lee on 8:44 PM CDT said...

Wow Donna!!!! That Black Magic card is just spectacular!!! I have not tried that technique, but I sure will soon!!!! And the baby's breath is just so lovely and elegant with the scalloped edging!!!

Carolina on 9:13 PM CDT said...

What an amazing Black Magic card and the ticket card is so lovely...what a fun way to frame this sentiment with a ticket and love how you dirtied up!

Cat Tidwell on 10:18 PM CDT said...

What awesome creations Donna! Love that black magic one, its fantastic! wow! And the dirty ticket, neat idea on that, and your dirty-ing up is awesome!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com on 2:32 AM CDT said...

Thanks for being so inspiring, I keep looking at your black magic over and over!

Anonymous said...

Oh both cards are gorgeous! And the baby's breathe looks fab in red!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 6:12 AM CDT said...

I just LOVE what you do with this Black Magic. . .gorgeous!

Heather "Hev" on 9:35 AM CDT said...

Wow black magic is AMAZING!!!

Christi Flores on 5:38 PM CDT said...

I LOVE that black magic card and that ticket card is too cute!!!

Rose Ann on 2:36 PM CDT said...

Your Black Magic card turned out soooo beautiful, and I love the flowers you've used!! Your Baby's Breath card is so pretty as well, and I love your ticket idea!!

Angie Tieman on 11:06 PM CDT said...

These are fabulous! I love your card with the Black Magic, I must try it!

Melanie on 1:26 PM CDT said...

you're so good at this technique!!!

Post a Comment