Thursday, September 11, 2008

JustRite Champion Finalist Project



DON'T FORGET TO VOTE! (click to vote)
voting ends Friday 8:00 p.m. CST
**I plan to keep this post at the top of my blog through Friday.
Please scroll down for NEW POSTS! Thanks!**

Again, thanks to everyone who voted for me in Round 3 because
I made it to the final round in the contest! Woohoo! Now it's time to share my Finalist Project for the JustRite Champion contest with you! It's surreal to think I made it it was a distant glimmer in my stamping eyes 4 weeks ago when it was posted on their blog.

My final project uses Taylored Expressions A Sweet Celebreation set which includes a sweet birthday card & clear pail full of handmade chocolate lollipops. Yes - I made all those (and a few more that did not quite turn out that well!) They are made from a mold where you melt the colored candy melts and refrigerate in the mold until set. Wonder how the coloring of the lollipops got on there? Well, it sure helps to read directions when you venture into the unknown. You need to 'paint' the colored melts into the mold {here, the pink & brown) and set them. Then, you place the rest of the lollipop in the mold and it adheres real nicely! What you don't do (and I did to get the yellow flicker on the candles is make the whole mold & attempt to use gel coloring in the melted candy - doesn't really blend well) but I thought it could pass well enough for my project! I think I could use a little more practice! *smile*

Here is a close-up of my card. I used my JustRite wooden stamp with small alpha for 'THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE SWEET' YUM ** YUM! Isn't that the truth?! Taylor's sweet cupcake stamp fits perfectly in the center, like it was made for it! The designer paper used is Stampin' Up! Bella Rose which coordinated nicely with the colors on the lollipops.

Here are close-ups of the lollipops (cupcake & cake), which each have tags using the same JustRite personalized circle but with the different sentiments in the set.

Close-up of the balloon lollipops.

Close-up of the Party Hats lollipops



Pin It

31 comments on "JustRite Champion Finalist Project"

DoodleFactory on 6:22 PM CDT said...

Hey donna, you got my vote! Yours is certainly the sweetest of them all. That cupcake stamp licking his lips is the cutest thing and your presentation is perfect. Can't believe you made all that candy on top of it all!

Angie Tieman on 6:27 PM CDT said...

What an awesome project!! So glad the votes are working out for you, you deserve it!!

Sara Mac on 6:51 PM CDT said...

I love your project!! Too Cute. The handmade lollipops look delish!

Beate on 8:00 PM CDT said...

Awesome and yummy project!
Big cyber hugs

Lee on 8:30 PM CDT said...

Those are sooooooooo amazing and detailed and deeeeelicious-looking!!! I'm headed over to vote for ya!! :)

Sharon Harnist on 9:09 PM CDT said...

Great project, Donna -- I can't believe you made all those lollipops!

Carolina on 9:10 PM CDT said...

YUMMMOOO project!!!! Love making these lollipops and you created some adorable treats here. I'm pulling for ya and I'll make sure to post something about voting for you on my blog tomorrow.

Stephanie Hargis on 9:38 PM CDT said...

You MADE those! Wowza! I was going to vote for ya anyway but sheesh! You deserve EVERYONE'S vote! :D I will be sure to vote for you on this computer, my one at school, AND Nick's! I hope that will help ya out some! I will also leave a link to it for ya! Your talent rocks girl!

((hugs))

Cat Tidwell on 10:20 PM CDT said...

What an awesome project! Voted for you of course! And its the best one there to me, not just cause you my friend! LOL! I love the whole concept you put together, its Fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Those are really cute!
Just tried voting, but the voting site appears to be unavailable.

Taylor on 12:31 AM CDT said...

Those lollipops looks scrumptious, Donna! What a labor of love! Your project turned out so cute, you should be proud of yourself!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderfully sweet and yummy project!

Monika/Buzsy on 5:59 AM CDT said...

Wow! You made thos lollipops? They look professional! Love the cute saying and the colors on the card! Congrats again for making the final round... hope you'll win!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 6:12 AM CDT said...

These are just fabulous, Donna!

Jessie/knightrone on 7:30 AM CDT said...

You totally have my vote...these are amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Donna: You did a FABULOUS JOB! Way to go! I am so proud of your accomplishments. I love the pail and the beautiful suckers. The card was perfect. That would go PERFECT in my new cake boutique!!
Danny and I both voted for you!

Val G in CA on 10:54 AM CDT said...

What a sweet treat! I'm so proud of your talent and creativity. Thank you for sharing your gift with the ones you love, little sister. You have my vote and I'll be sure to pass the word around!
Mama would be proud, too!!

Sankari W. on 12:47 PM CDT said...

oh my goodness!!! i am so WOW-ed by your projects at so many different levels! first of all I can't believe that you made all of those delicious lollipops!!! that in and of itself is amazing! and then to decorate them as you did with your beautiful just rite additions is awesome! YOU take the cake! absolutely gorgeous donna!!! you are such a sweet inspiration!
:)

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas on 12:54 PM CDT said...

UR Project Rocked!! Good luck!

retiredheather on 2:11 PM CDT said...

This is a great project Donna. I love the way you put it all together in the clear bucket.

Theresa Momber on 7:43 PM CDT said...

This is outrageously awesome! Congrats on making it to the finals. Good luck!!!

Julie Koerber on 8:37 PM CDT said...

OH MY! All these close ups really show all the work you put into this! Too sweet for words! I hate to say this but the picture on the voting page reallly doesn't do this all justice! WOW -- you're one talented cookie -- but hey-- we knew that already didn't we!?!?! :-)

Catherine on 9:06 PM CDT said...

You are absolutely A-mazing but then again, you know that already. Got my vote and again, you knew that already =)
GOODLUCK cyber friend!

Denise Marzec on 6:18 AM CDT said...

Your project is amazing. What a lot of work, but it totally paid off. It's SUPER cute. I voted for ya!

Giovana on 9:06 AM CDT said...

Beautiful projects!!!
God bless
Giovana

Alex on 1:08 PM CDT said...

I LOVE this project - it is totally yummy and you got my vote!!! Would love to know how you made these lollies - they would be perfect for my upcoming craft show, will you share? *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Rose Ann on 2:27 PM CDT said...

I totally love your project, Donna!! Yummylicious!! I've voted! ;)

Linsey R on 7:39 PM CDT said...

Now Donna--this is a new one for me--homemade chocolate lollie's!!! And absolutely beautifully done, nonetheless! I am in complet awe at the moment, so forgive me if I don't find the words...these are jaw-dropping awesome!!! If you were any closer, I would simply invite myself over so you could teach me how to make these! Stamping, scrapping, handmade gifts, handmade jewelry and now homemade candy too?!?! I cannot believe your talent--I'm just gonna call you wonderwoman from here on out.WW, maybe, for short... :) I SO hope you win, gf!! Although all of the finalist projects are amazing, you truly deserve it!

Stacy on 10:45 PM CDT said...

This is fabulous. I've made molded chocolates in the past. They are fun, but tedious. My mother-in-law used to make hundreds of them for craft sales every year. I tried to follow in her footsteps, but i just became too much. We would eat them all before we would even package them! Thanks fo sharing such a great project. - Stacy

Carolyn King on 11:07 PM CDT said...

what an awesome project---a lot of time and effort went into it and it shows!!! congrats on your finalist status!!! good luck!

Libby Hickson on 12:41 AM CDT said...

Sorry you didn't win, your project was so cute! But wow, looks like you received a pretty awesome gift basket for being a finalist!!

Post a Comment