Friday, September 12, 2008

Faux Postage & Faux Postcard


I love the Faux Postage look; SCS has a great tutorial with a printable template, but did you know Starving Artistamps has an actual postage STAMP {31.01}? I used it on my top card just stamp, cut & go! I made a template using a window sheet to mask off the centers for sponging & stamping. I handwrote the denomination, so no re-doing it everytime we have a postage increase. I can put more than just a # in that corner! Oh the possibilities!! The flowers are large silhouette baby's breath FS-11. Colors are So Saffron & Baja Breeze and the baja breeze felt flower is from SU!'s new felt fusion too - brad is So Saffron. Ribbon, Baja Breeze double-striped ribbon.

Here is a multi-colored Retiform Technique card using the Large Silhouette flower Lupine S-12 also by Starving Artistamps. I stamped them using Palette Burnt Umber and sponged on colors from my Late November spectrum pad. I finished the card for the look of a postcard with {postcard 42.04} and {postmark 31.04} & the fun sentiment from timeless sentiments.
Pin It

14 comments on "Faux Postage & Faux Postcard"

Barbara Schram on 10:37 PM CDT said...

Oh my Donna, these are grand! I have never tried either technique! I love the look of the retiform! Great cards!

Catherine on 10:43 PM CDT said...

Donna, both cards are just wonderful. I've always wanted to try this technique but just too lazy to follow the directions..LOL! Now, no reason to be lazy and with a 10% why not =)

But, really you're making everyone reading your blog BROKE...LOL!

Anonymous said...

Oh I LOVE faux postage, too, and both of these cards are absolutely fabulous, Donna!!!

Cat Tidwell on 6:26 AM CDT said...

*points up to what Catherine said* OMG would you stop being sooo good!? haha! I love both of these too! That 2nd one, wow! Such neat ideas Donna!

Theresa Momber on 7:14 AM CDT said...

Oh, these are great! I have never even seen these techniques. Love em!

Dawn Easton on 8:56 AM CDT said...

Love the look of both of them but I'm drawn to your second card and the fabulous colours and technique!! Awesome Donna!

Rose Ann on 9:11 AM CDT said...

Both of these are gorgeous, Donna!! I especially love your faux postage, and I love the colors of both!!

Lee on 1:51 PM CDT said...

I've never made a Faux Postage card, but it sure is lovely!!! And retiform, eh? I've never even heard of that!! What a cool look!!!

Jessie/knightrone on 4:19 PM CDT said...

This is beautiful Donna!! I love it!!

Angie Tieman on 4:29 PM CDT said...

Cute cards! Love that faux postage one, I need to try that! TFS!

Christi Flores on 10:16 PM CDT said...

How fun!! I love it!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 9:01 AM CDT said...

Look at you go with the techniques! Fabulous cards!

Carolina on 1:42 AM CDT said...

Faux stamp ey...good to know! Awesome cards!

Bee's Zen Garden on 5:32 PM CDT said...

Love those 2!! Great colors, designs and techniques!♥ :-)

Post a Comment