Thursday, September 18, 2008

Cherry Inspired Somethings


What's so ironic about this card is that nothing is stamped! I was inspired by the Stamp Something challenge blog inspiration piece {that had cherries on it} to make my card red, white & black with red flowers instead of the cherries. That's what is so neat about inspiration pieces - everyone tends to pick up different aspects of it for their interpretation. I love the bag Melissa did - and she is giving it away filled with Hershey's Cherry Cordial kisses to the random winner! The white polka dots on the bottom are actually punched out of the black stripes with my 1/8" hole punch.

And while I had my red, black & white cardstock out I figured I would draw some inspiration using Melanie's Just So Sporty set by Gina K Designs since those are the colors of one of the local high schools in our area. I went to their webpage & picked out some pics of their cheerleader uniforms to re-create it. How fun is that? It's hard to tell in my photo with the red on red cardstock but the red background piece has CHEER leader all over it. I stamped 2 jersjeys, cropping off the sleeves & bottom for the top and cropping off the top of the jersey for the skirt. Possibilities...endless... Pin It

14 comments on "Cherry Inspired Somethings"

Rose Ann on 9:03 AM CDT said...

I recognized your card for the inspiration piece right away, Donna! It's perfect!!

I love your little cheerleader uniform as well!! So cute!!

Julia Aston on 9:22 AM CDT said...

I love your card based on the inspiration - perfect design! with the stripes and fun red flowers! and great cheering outfit card too!! how fun Donna!

Melissa on 9:26 AM CDT said...

Awesome job Donna! You totally rocked this challenge!

Many Blessings,
M.

Lee on 9:27 AM CDT said...

Oh I love the cherry inspired card with the fun polka dots and red flowers!! And the cheerleader outfit is adorable!! My order was lost in shipping somewhere.......so I still have no "Sporty" set!!! Waaaaaaahh!!!

Christi Flores on 10:39 AM CDT said...

Both of your cards are fantastic!! I LOVE them both!!

Deb Wood on 1:50 PM CDT said...

The top card is so beautiful!! I love it and the bottom one is really cute!!

Angie Tieman on 5:05 PM CDT said...

Great cards! Love that first one, it looks like Mary Engelbreit and the punched out holes are awesome! The next card could totally be my high school with BHS, but it needs to be blue and white!

Catherine on 5:58 PM CDT said...

Donna, both cards are just adorable =)

Kathryn on 6:07 PM CDT said...

WOW-- BOTH cards are fabulous!
I, too love that Red, Black and White combination -- it's so very pretty! :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 8:23 PM CDT said...

Both cards are adorable, Donna! That first one is cute as a button!

Jessie/knightrone on 10:11 PM CDT said...

The cheerleading outfit just rocks, and the first one TOTALLY looks like the inspiration piece!!

Carolina on 11:20 PM CDT said...

I love this color combo...seriously scary, I'm in the middle of working on a card with this color combo. Anyway, back to your adorable cards. The first reminds me a bit of Mary Engelbreit and the second one is just genius - the background you created and the cheerleading uniform is adorable!

Alex on 10:18 AM CDT said...

fabulous for the challenge Donna - I recognized it right away!! These are awesome, girl! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Melanie on 9:13 AM CDT said...

supewr cute, super SPORTY!

Post a Comment