Friday, September 12, 2008

Kisses Free - Hugs $1.00



I haven't played in 2 Sketches 4 You challenge in weeks & sure have missed it! With so many challenges out there, how can one possibly do them ALL? I like to try & rotate them out as much as I can & usually base them on being truly inspired. Well the bonus card & sketch by DT member Ashlid did just that for me this week!

I thumbed through my pictures of my niece Gabby the other day to do a few scrapbook pages (may as well take a few with me on my trip next month for her album!) and remembered this one - thinking it would be perfect to use with Melanie's Little Tees & JustRite small letters set

I decided to play up the hugs & kisses aspect of the page theme & used the solid heart from Little Tees and a big hug from Cuddles and Hugs to make my cardstock patterned. The XOXO is JustRite Curlz Alphabet.

The journaling on the pull tab says, "One day when Gabby gave her Nino Micky a kiss good-bye, he said, 'Can I have a hug too?' and Gabby said, 'Yea $1.00'. It made everyone laugh! So when Nino Micky & Nina Andrea saw this shirt at Target, they just had to get it for her!!"
Pin It

15 comments on "Kisses Free - Hugs $1.00"

Laura Davis on 8:10 AM CDT said...

This is darling! I love the bright pink:)
Laura

Joke on 9:33 AM CDT said...

Oh, I love that you used a photo and that little T-shirt is great!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas on 10:07 AM CDT said...

WOW Donna! This is gorgeous. What a cutie and the tag inside. Love all the elements..

jonisart on 11:38 AM CDT said...

This is really cute Donna! Your niece is adorable, isn't being an aunty the best?:-) I love the story you included, someday she is really going to appreciate all the effort you put into making these! Thanks for posting that birdhouse ornament for me, that was exactly the one I was looking for!

Christi Flores on 12:09 PM CDT said...

This is precious Donna!! I love it!

Melanie on 1:22 PM CDT said...

I started a card with some little cropped tees awhile ago(but never completed it!), they look just like kids shirts in these proportions, don't they?! too cute with your added sentiment, even cuter story, hee!!

Catherine on 1:23 PM CDT said...

Donna, this is too cute! I saw this shirt at Target couple of weeks ago and i told my daughter that I'll buy it for her and she said who would charge a $ for a HUG, i have to show your post when she gets home from school...LOL!

Jessie/knightrone on 6:01 PM CDT said...

That is so super cute!!

Vanessa on 7:54 PM CDT said...

Super cute card Donna. Love the little story. ..she will be rich before she knows it charging hugs like that ;)

Lee on 8:46 PM CDT said...

I sure love that little picture and so enjoy Gabby stories!!!

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL page Donna!! What an awesome sketch.

Cat Tidwell on 6:24 AM CDT said...

Oh this is so adorable! The card and the cute story! LOVE both! I love how you did the little shirt, you letters look so awesome..how did you do THAT!?? LOL

Rose Ann on 9:26 AM CDT said...

Your Gabby page is so darling, and perfect in pink!! I love the pullout journaling tag, and adorable tee!!

Eva on 12:23 PM CDT said...

So adorable! I love your take on the sketch!

Val G in CA on 10:04 PM CDT said...

I LOVE this card and the picture of Gabby! She saw it and said, "How cute!" Her favorite color - PINK! And her favorite t-shirt! It doesn't get any better. She always gets a kick out of seeing herself on the computer - it makes her feel like a movie star! Thank you, Auntie Donna, for all the pretty cards you send me - Luz you, Gabby!

Post a Comment