Friday, September 19, 2008

Warning (frighteningly cute) - Boo Swedish Collage Challenge


Here is my card for the Starving Artistamps Swedish Collage Challenge I used my new Halloween II GraveYard Shift set & sentiments with Fredo.  He reminds me of the dia de los muertos figurines but oh so cute!!  Since I was to use a BOLD mix of patterned papers, I thumbed through all my DCWV stacks & pulled colors that surprisingly looked nice together but were funky enough that I wouldn't 'normally' put together.  I stamped Fredo in my retired Parfait spectrum pads (pinks/purples) and also smooshed my boo chipboard letters in it too. Then I decided to glitter them up with the glue pad & dazzling diamonds since I was using my glitter paper.  I finished it off with a chipboard & orange button layer and an orange bling by the sentiment.  I thought at first this would definitely be a 'challenge' and it was but suprisingly had a LOT of fun making it!!

Details of the Contest:
The challenge will run until October 1st. Everyone who participates will be put into the raffle and one person will be chosen by random number generator to win YOUR CHOICE of one FULL SHEET of Starving Artistamps or DoodleFactory unmounted rubber stamps!

There are several key points which regularly appear in Swedish 
collage style stamping...
  • the shape of the card is SQUARE
  • a bold mix of PATTERN PAPERS is used
  • CHIPBOARD titles (in any language!), BUTTONS and/or STAPLES are often incorporated into the design
  • COLOR COLOR COLOR the more color the better! (this is not your regular vintage style collage frequently done in the states! Ban the brown!)
Think you are up to the challenge?
Here is how you can participate. From now until October 1st email us a link to your blog showing your version of the swedish collage style challenge card. Please include your name in your email. We will post links to your blogs and in the gallery.  Also you do not have to use SA/DF stamps for the entry, but if you have them, why not use them? 

Email your entry by October 1 to: strvingartistmp@aol.com



Pin It

11 comments on "Warning (frighteningly cute) - Boo Swedish Collage Challenge"

Cat Tidwell on 7:00 PM CDT said...

Well, I have to say, in all honestly, your card turned out so cute! I am still on the fence about doing a card though, lol!

Jessie/knightrone on 7:03 PM CDT said...

This is completely adorable!! Thanks for the warning, made me LOL!!

Carolina on 7:21 PM CDT said...

Oh tooo cute! This style is seriously growing on me. The more samples I see with it, the more I like it.

Rose Ann on 8:47 PM CDT said...

Oh my gosh...your card is fantastic, Donna!! I totally think you've captured the Swedish Collage style with this!! You go, girl!!

Dawn Easton on 9:11 AM CDT said...

haha...totally cute Donna! Love all the colours! Fantastic!

Donna on 9:15 AM CDT said...

This is such a FUN card! If you ask me, you can never have too much glitter, and that arrow is just great. I'd say you definitely rocked this challenge!

Angie Tieman on 10:08 AM CDT said...

Very cute! Love those fun colors!

Lee on 4:10 PM CDT said...

What can I say?? I LOVE the glitz!!!!!! LOL I'm not so good at collage.....maybe I'll get brave and try it sometime!

Deb Wood on 7:29 PM CDT said...

Too much fun, loving all the papers and bling!!

Juliana on 11:54 AM CDT said...

I am just now getting around to this....

WOW! This is FABULOUS!! I love the colors--and that arrow!!
Great layout and card!!

mel m. m. mccarthy on 9:26 PM CDT said...

This is WAAAAY too cute. What a gorgeous colourfest. :O)

Post a Comment