Wednesday, October 8, 2008

World Card-Making Day fun - days later!!


I know a lot of y'all had lots of fun last Sat. on World Card-Making Day, I know I did with a few of my friends who came over to make Christmas cards.  I had a few cancellations so I ended up with some leftover supplies.  I got my new goodies from Gina K Designs release last week so I got to work with making some cards to send for her great contribution!  You can read all about it here but basically you can win a LOT of awesome goodies if you make a card to send to one of our overseas troops (and provide an extra envelope so they can send the card to a loved one) - it's a wonderful idea and I'm happy to be a part of it!  I actually made 6 cards to send & plan to share them all with you.  

Both cards use Warm & Cozy Christmas I just love these bundled up kiddos - the girl with the snowgirl complete with a pot for a hat! I FINALLY got my snowflake cuttlebug embossing folder and on the burgundy one, I rubbed the Holiday Metallic Rub-on paste on the snowflakes but since I took pics once the sun went down, it is hard to tell in the photo.  I also used it on the watercolor paper focal image.  I also used the Peerless Transparent Watercolors, which are just so vibrant!!  I love 'em!!  Winter Foliage (one free with 3 set) was used for accents on the designer label punch for the sentiment.  Finally, the ribbon is the Holiday Pure Luxury-Holiday
which is just that - pure luxury!   

On the boy card I used Handsome Hunter and ran the craft white pad over it to bring out the snowflakes, which is a lot of fun!!  I have to admit though, that I mistakenly colored their candy canes like they are walking canes!  My DMIL & DH pointed that out to me - ha!  My response which I say all the time, I can color anything the way I want to - it's a chocolate candy cane!  
Pin It

18 comments on "World Card-Making Day fun - days later!!"

Theresa Momber on 10:48 PM CDT said...

Oh, wow, your coloring is just gorgeous on these, Donna! I love those tags, too!

Angie Tieman on 11:41 PM CDT said...

Oh wow! These are precious! I'm such a sucker for snowmen! YOur coloring and detailing are amazing!!

Kristine on 12:04 AM CDT said...

These are sooo AWESOME, Donna!! I really liked the first one with the brown background and sponged edges--so elegant, but cute, and the second one...WOW--those white flakes really pop and add so much to the theme of the card. GREAT JOB!! I want to come stamp with YOU!! =)

mel m. m. mccarthy on 4:01 AM CDT said...

These are SO sweet. I love your colouring and how the distressing shows the great texture of the paper. Too cute about the candy canes. :O)

Melanie on 6:36 AM CDT said...

chocolate candy canes=yummy!

especially love the green one!

Christina Fischer on 6:58 AM CDT said...

I LOVE these cards, Donna! The embossing looks great! This set is just too cute! :)

Cat Tidwell on 7:19 AM CDT said...

These both are so gorgeous Donna! Love the little boy in the blue, awesome watercoloring on both of these! Cant wait to try those!

Dawn Easton on 7:54 AM CDT said...

Both cards are wonderful Donna!! Your colouring is fabulous!

Barbara Schram on 9:22 AM CDT said...

Lovely cards and layout...I love that we stampers can color anything, any color, any way we want!!! LOL, these creations are perfect in every way, Donna!

Ila on 11:32 AM CDT said...

Both cards are Super Cute and Fabuluos!! I love the coloring..I'm about to break down now and get the peerless papers!!..Hug, Ila

Deb Neerman on 1:24 PM CDT said...

LOVE 'em!

Deb Wood on 1:36 PM CDT said...

These are both adorable Dawn! I love the coloring and colors!!

Christi Flores on 1:51 PM CDT said...

Both of them are so sweet!! Your coloring is fantastic!!!

retiredheather on 2:52 PM CDT said...

Love the chocolate candy cane. both cards are wonderful.
Heather

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 8:14 PM CDT said...

Oh Donna, these are adorable!

Unknown on 11:04 PM CDT said...

Beautiful cards Donna!! :)

Rose Ann on 2:28 PM CDT said...

Both of these are so darling, and your coloring looks super!! I love your embossing and colors you've used for each of them!! Awesome, girl!!

Carolina on 1:12 AM CDT said...

Both are just soo darlin'! Love the design and the colors are so yummy for the holidays!

Post a Comment