Monday, August 10, 2009

Blinged Up Sunflower


charmaine's challenge

I love making one layer cards, I just don’t seem to do them often enough!  This card was inspired by this card made by Lauren Meader (in which she pierced along one side of a flower). 

Verve Stamps is celebrating 2 years – can’t believe that much time has passed since I bought one of the first set that came out (I am behind since I haven’t bought any others! and I apologize I don’t have the name of it & it’s not on their website)  All week long, they are having fun stuff in the member company forum.  Today I played with Charmaine’s Anni-Verve-sary challenge Sweet & Simple, a one layer card with any embellishments you want.  I added this week’s Clean & Simple challenge (CAS27: Show off Your Bling) since I blinged up the sunflower center with brown/gold beads, on top of some crystal lacquer.  I used A Year of Flowers and colored it in with Koh-i-Noor pencils.  I love the sparkle of the one gold bead from the sun and realize how fitting the sentiment is.  I absolutely adore this card!

Pin It

7 comments on "Blinged Up Sunflower"

blah on 12:56 AM CDT said...

Very pretty! You nailed the one layer card!

Betty Benton on 9:35 AM CDT said...

What a beautiful card! The "sparkle" is perfect -- great photo!

Jennie on 4:10 PM CDT said...

So pretty! Nice job on this CAS card!

Jessie/knightrone on 9:01 PM CDT said...

This is so lovely!!

TannyP on 11:32 PM CDT said...

This is gorgeous! Simple & elegant...love it!

Rose Ann on 10:41 PM CDT said...

I love this simply beautiful card, Donna!! Your beaded center is so pretty!!

Miss Boo (a.k.a. jen70) on 10:48 PM CDT said...

Love the shoes!

Post a Comment