Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Gina K. Designs Preview Day 3: Tropical Blooms, Autumn Beauty and Elegant Verses


FTL55 hello friend

The first card I made for the previews today is our One Free with Three set this month, Tropical Blooms, a companion set to last month’s Tropical Windows! Gina K. made a collection of flowers & leaves to complement the set so you can have flowers, stems and leaves apart from the frame without having to omit the frame. On my card, I just used the flower to stamp my own designer paper on the lower portion of my ivory layer. I used the Fall to Layout {FTL55} for my card, adding the natural mesh ribbon by Gina K. from the Signs of Autumn stamptv kit! The button I added looks somewhat vintage, found when we were cleaning the garage last weekend. I wish I had tons more! My card base is Pumpkin Spice, also available with this release.

scarecrow

My next card uses Autumn Beauty illustrated by Theresa Momber, a beautiful collection of autumn autumn images and sentiments which will inspire you to enjoy the coming season & share with others your love of the season with handmade cards. I stamped and masked the scarecrow so I could stamp the corn stalks behind it and added some mustard and rust sponging. I colored everything with prismacolor pencils, blended with odorless mineral spirits.

masking & overlay

Tip: if you don’t want to mask an image but would like the effect of it on your card, stamp your image on a scrap piece of cardstock and color it. Then cut it out & glue on top of your main image, as shown above. I used the Mojo sketch from last Saturday for my card {mojojanette}. Pumpkin Spice, Chocolate Kiss and Ivory pure luxury cardstock and mesh ribbon from Stamp TV kit by Gina K. Designs used. The button is from my stash.

fence

My last card uses the new companion set to last month’s Elegant Post, a collection of wonderful sentiments called Elegant Verses you will be able to combine with those images as well as other sets by Gina K. Designs! For my card, I was inspired by Home Tweet Home with the cute picket fence I thought would just go well with the elegant post/hanging flower pot! To make it, I just inked up the fence and used my stamp positioner to extend the length of it across my pure luxury white layer. Then I colored it in with copics. For a closer view, click on the picture. I just love the sentiment I chose for my card. I then sponged on some clouds for a nice outdoors background using a cloud stencil by Stampin’ Up! I used Pumpkin Spice, Chocolate Kiss (will use those colors a LOT this Fall season) and white pure luxury cardstock all by Gina K. Designs.

To see more inspiration with the stamps previewed today, visit Gina's blog, the illustrator of Tropical Blooms as well as Theresa, the illustrator of Autumn Beauty, and Nina , the illustrator of Elegant Verses.

For even more projects with tonight's stamp sets, these Senior Design Team Members are participating in previews today: Asela, Carolyn, Cindy, Emily, Erika, Jessica, Kurtis, Lee, Lynn, and Melanie.

The following CenterStage Spotlight Design Team members have previews to share with you: Shelly Wilson and Charlene Merrick

Our Release Party is Thursday night, Aug 27 at 7 pm CST. Join us for contests questions, challenges, lots of chatter as well as so many more great samples to share with you! Hope to see you there!

Pin It

19 comments on "Gina K. Designs Preview Day 3: Tropical Blooms, Autumn Beauty and Elegant Verses"

Carolyn King on 10:07 PM CDT said...

GREAT cards Donna! You have been busy---love all your amazing designs!!!

Lee on 10:18 PM CDT said...

Just fabulous Donna!!

Theresa Momber on 10:19 PM CDT said...

Awesome cards, Donna! Your scarecrow card is so beuatiful! What a beautiful scene. Great tip!

Unknown on 10:25 PM CDT said...

Oh my word, Donna!!! I LOVE all of your cards - you are really ROCKING this release!!!! I can't say enough about how awesome all of your previews have been... I'm so inspired!

Melanie on 10:30 PM CDT said...

esp loe the orange bloom patern you made, that silver button is gorgeous!

Mary J on 2:39 AM CDT said...

Love that image - you've made it look even more beautiful too! Thx for sharing!

Lynn Mercurio on 5:12 AM CDT said...

All are stunning cards Donna. Love the way your ribbon goes off the edge in your first card and the wonderful dimension in your Autumn Beauty creations. Your third card is just as thrilling and full of dimension as the others. AWESOME job.

Mary Anne / MA54K on 5:59 AM CDT said...

I was so excited to see more images from Theresa's set! You have blown me away with these cards, Donna! Beautiful!

asela on 6:39 AM CDT said...

Love all the little extra details in your card. Perfect!

Carla S. on 6:41 AM CDT said...

Three fantastic cards, Donna! Love how you've used the three sets! Just beautiful!

Kurtis on 7:39 AM CDT said...

These are so pretty!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) on 8:56 AM CDT said...

Superb job on all three cards, Donna! I love the masking, coloring, the picket fence and your terrific clouds. Beautiful!

Sharri on 10:24 AM CDT said...

Donna, gorgeous cards! I love how you extended the fence across the card!

Giovana on 10:38 AM CDT said...

Wow Donna, your cards are absolutely amazing and beautiful. Love them all, but my favorite is the one you created with Nina's sets.

God bless
Giovana

redwasher1 on 12:04 PM CDT said...

Donna your cards are amazing and I just love the scene you created!! Looking forward to tonight!

TannyP on 12:23 PM CDT said...

Gorgeous, Donna. Those are stunning cards. I'm always scared of masking and your tip might just give me the confidence to layer a little more with stamps!

Lori on 1:25 PM CDT said...

Oh, Donna these cards are beautiful! They feel so "fall".

Carolina on 2:27 PM CDT said...

Such stunning cards Donna - specially lovin' the last one with the adorable scene you created here!

NinaB on 4:00 AM CDT said...

Donna, I love what you did with the post and flower pot behind the fence with the cloudy background. Your other cards are equally beautiful, too.

Post a Comment