Friday, August 14, 2009

Elegant Post Blog Hop with Gina K. Designs


pretty birdcage

As promised, tonight I bring you some samples made with the new Elegant Post set, illustrated by Nina Brackett for Gina K. Designs. Nina has also designed several digital papers to coordinate with her set: Grungy Elegance and Simple Elegance.
For my card, I used the new Basic Grey Lemonade pad and Pure Luxury Ivory cardstock *(Base weight for the card base and layering weight for the focal image). Ribbon from my stash. I used Mojo sketch 96 for this card layout.

lovebirds

My second card I made today, using the sketch at StampTV this week, hosted by Cat. I love it that on any given day there is a challenge you can participate in to get the creative juices flowing (and it doesn’t hurt that you can try to win some free stamps from Gina K. too!) I used Basic Grey paper on this card too, Bittersweet.

lovebirds sparkle

Here is a close up of the new copic atyou spica glitter pen sparkle.

As usual, we have our Sr. Design Team members to dazzle you with their creations: Gina K., Cathy, Emily, Erika, Jessica, Kurtis, Lee, Melanie and Theresa. Nina has asked her friends Silke and Melissa to join us on the hop.

Lastly, be sure to check out our Center Stage Design Team members for July: Brenda, Shannon and Sue Walsh and prepare to be wowed!

Hope you have a great weekend!!

Pin It

21 comments on "Elegant Post Blog Hop with Gina K. Designs"

NinaB on 10:13 PM CDT said...

Beautiful as usual, Donna. The glitter looks amazing on the birds. Great idea.

A Consuming Passion on 10:15 PM CDT said...

Such pretty colour choices on both your cards Donna and I love the added sparkle!!!

Silke Ledlow on 10:20 PM CDT said...

Donna - these are both absolutely beautiful!!! Love the sparkles on the birdies - it makes it look extra special!!! Hugs ~S~

Allison Cope on 10:20 PM CDT said...

Stunning cards Donna!

Giovana on 10:21 PM CDT said...

Super pretty cards!!
God bless
Giovana

Theresa Momber on 10:27 PM CDT said...

Donna, these are gorgeous! Love the sparkle!

Jess on 10:34 PM CDT said...

Love the color combos. :)

Linda on 10:35 PM CDT said...

So very pretty. I love the colors.

Anonymous said...

Donna, the colors are fantastic. Sparkles add so much.

Unknown on 10:38 PM CDT said...

Donna - what fun cards you made for us tonight! Thanks for taking the time to play along with us!!

joy on 10:38 PM CDT said...

I like the way you have added a touch of color to the bird cage. Great idea.

Helen F. on 10:57 PM CDT said...

Beautiful Cards, Donna! Love the glittery birds...precious.

JessicaK on 12:31 AM CDT said...

I'm really loving this new set. BG is one of my favorite paper lines, and Bittersweet is my fave of faves, so loved how you used them here.

Goldberry on 2:53 AM CDT said...

There is such serenity in this set... I love how you used it!

Carolina on 3:20 AM CDT said...

Ohhh friend - love this!!! What a wonderful card, so soft and sweet.

Lovin' the look of your blog - you've actually made it CAS - love it!!! I'll try to catch up as much as I can tonight and we'll finish up tomorrow. Sooo tired, very long week!

Cat Tidwell on 6:11 AM CDT said...

Oh so gorgeous Donna! Love the glitter on the birds too!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards! Love the soft color scheme.

Brenda on 2:28 PM CDT said...

gorgeous cards Donna, I love the sparkle on the birds.

Kristine on 9:24 PM CDT said...

Gorgeous cards Donna! LOVE those stamps, and the sparkly shine is so PRETTY! :) Love your new blog look too!

Carolyn King on 12:22 AM CDT said...

ohhh...so pretty! love the sparkle on the birds!

Rose Ann on 4:51 PM CDT said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous, Donna!! I love the colors and pretty sparkle!!

Post a Comment