Saturday, August 15, 2009

SC241: Archaic Boy Bear


SC241 tie bear

I am so glad when I sit down to make a card and having decided on an image, an idea comes right to me when it relates to mixing up sets!

In this case, for this week’s sketch challenge 241, I knew I wanted to use my favorite bear from the Whimsical Wishes set Beary Special and could if I turned the sketch.  I wanted to use a new accessory for him that I haven’t used, and looked at the Boys will be Boys set which was still out in my stamp area-a tie for the boy bear!  I just love that Nancy illustrated 3 different kinds of ties in that image, I used the outline one so that I could paper-piece it to look like a classic plaid tie.  To make it more proportionate for the bear, all I had to do was shorten it a little and angle the top to match his chin line-so easy!  The sentiment is from Beary Special Accessories.  The papers I used on the card are Basic Grey Archaic and the ribbons from my stash (except the middle one is from Taylored Expressions.)

Hope you’re having a great weekend! 

Pin It

5 comments on "SC241: Archaic Boy Bear"

Cat Tidwell on 9:00 AM CDT said...

This is too cute Donna! LOVE this!

blah on 8:08 PM CDT said...

Too cute!!!!! I love your coloring on this one and the little ribbon snippets.

farmhouse-story on 7:03 AM CDT said...

this is so sweet!

TannyP on 8:34 AM CDT said...

Oh my goodness! He's adorable and this card came together PERFECTLY!

Rose Ann on 4:49 PM CDT said...

Your little bear is adorable, and I love your paper piecing!! Just as sweet as can be, Donna!!

Post a Comment