Saturday, August 8, 2009

Mojo94: Good Friends and Good Coffee…


mojo 94 coffee & friends

A few weeks ago, my friend Vanessa posted on Facebook that she 1. needed some adult conversation and 2. a person to pray with.  I immediately responded to her that I was her gal!  It took a few days, but we were able to visit and it was a pretty sweet one.  I also wanted to see her one month old baby (picture below) so it was going to be great visit!  She is so precious, I got to hold her about 3 times but she was a little fussy with me.  I haven’t held a baby since my nephew was born May ‘08.  We had some coffee, and I brought some Cinnabon coffee cake for us to eat.  After we ate and caught up with stuff going on, we talked about our prayers which were to follow.  We had a lot of requests, as well as praise to offer up to the Lord and believe where 2 or more are gathered in His name, there He is in our midst. 

V & A

It’s such an incredible blessing to have a friend you can connect with in the spirit, it makes your friendship all the more sweet. I intended on sending her the above card I made shortly after our visit but I got a little busy and it never happened.  I ended up hand delivering it on Thursday on another visit, but it was a surprise for her a few hours after I left—she discovered it left on her kitchen window sill.  She messaged me later that evening with a thank you!  I’m grateful for our friendship, Vanessa!!

Gina K. announced the new Center Stage Spotlight Design Team for August – click here the picture to see the talent on the horizon!

CSDTlogo4inch1

The new issue of stamping lifestyle magazine has been published!  Click the picture below to read it. 

August7coverstampTV

Card details: Gina K. Signs of Autumn Stamptv kit, Chocolate Kiss, Baja Breeze cardstock, Basic Grey Offbeat paper.
Mojo94 card layout

Pin It

11 comments on "Mojo94: Good Friends and Good Coffee…"

Julia Aston on 8:37 AM CDT said...

Love your mojo sketch card Donna - the panels of DP are so pretty and love the coffee theme! How wonderful that you connected with someone who reached out and needed prayers!

Tina on 9:15 AM CDT said...

Awww Donna, you are you such a sweetheart! That baby is simply adorable... ohhh how I love babies!! Great card and I'm sure she is soooo very blessed having you as a friend. BTW, thank you for linking me in your post of blogs yesterday. Wish we lived closer... how wonderful it would be to pray with you. HUGS!

buggin2stamp on 2:02 PM CDT said...

Praise God for the amazing relationships that he provides for us. It makes my heart happy to read your story of two friends sharing time together in the presence of our Lord and Creator. Have a blessed day.
Melissa

Rose Ann on 2:13 PM CDT said...

It's so wonderful for you and Vanessa to share special times together!! I love your pretty card, and your paper piecing!! Love the new look of your blog too!! ☺

Jessie/knightrone on 3:05 PM CDT said...

That is so sweet! I am happy you two are there for each other.

Vanessa on 5:40 PM CDT said...

Aw, Donna, I am getting teary eyed. Let's pray again together!! Seriously.

Hannah on 7:26 PM CDT said...

So sweet, Donna! You are so thoughtful. And I know it made Vanessa's day (week, perhaps?) that y'all prayed together.

Melanie on 7:30 PM CDT said...

love the brown and blue, great card! Vanessa told me hwo much she enjoyed your visit and appreicated how long you stayed. :)

TannyP on 8:36 PM CDT said...

That's a beautiful card, Donna =) Love the combination of the stamps & colors you used!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love the color scheme and how you ever-so-slightly sponged the edges of your white panels. Beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

i love that card and the lil baby is a cutie pie.. oh I remember the days. *ok it hasn't been THAT long but still.. long enough : )

Post a Comment