Friday, August 7, 2009

TESC77: Pie in the window


TESC77 window

Happy Friday Y’all! I am excited to bring you a card I made using Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge {TESC77} and this week I attempted to channel my fellow Baker’s Dozen Design team member, Sankari Wegman!! I just adore her style; she has a keen eye for cohesive, bold & gorgeous designs (and so happens to have won the 2 Sketches 4 You Ultimate Card Showdown, which I knew she would!) She tends to use a lot of liquid pearls and bling on her cards and I was wondering if I could pull if off! I think I am happy with how the card turned out! I used the window & cafe table from Fresh Flowers and put the berry pie from the new Berries & Cherries set (better picture below) as well as the coordinating key ingredients (with the exception of the liquid pearls and bling).

TESC77 closeup

I made the windows open, cutting each section out with a craft knife and putting some acetate on the back.

TESC77

Here is Taylor’s sketch for you to try - be sure to leave a comment on Taylor’s blog with the direct link to your blog post or gallery upload using the Mr. Linky service so she can check it out! You're always welcome to play with any of these sketches at any time, but you have one week to make a card and link your creation on her blog in order to be considered for the Featured Stamper (by Friday, August 14 at 10am CST)!

Be sure to check out the sketch crew’s creations which, I’m sure are going to be wonderful as usual!

Taylor Van Bruggen
Jackie Pedro
Jami Sibley
Lynn Mercurio
Sherrie Siemens
Vicki Chrisman

Our featured stamper today is Janet Marks! I hope you have a fabulous & fun weekend!!

Pin It

12 comments on "TESC77: Pie in the window"

Jami on 11:03 AM CDT said...

Wow cutting out that window looks like a ton of work, but worth it because I swear I can smell that pie from here!!!

Teresa Kline on 6:57 PM CDT said...

this is super sweet, great work!

enjoy *~*

Melody on 7:53 PM CDT said...

Great card! Love how you did the windows!

TannyP on 9:28 PM CDT said...

Yummmmm!

Vanessa on 10:55 AM CDT said...

Wowzers! You have a LOT of favorites. Do you check them out everyday??

Vanessa on 10:57 AM CDT said...

I just realized that the comment button is on TOP of the post and not on the bottom like your old layout. Oops. Love this card. . .It's beautiful!

Julia Aston on 12:48 PM CDT said...

Wow - thanks for including me in your blog list Donna! Now I'm gonna check out some of the other people there - a lot of them I already know - so I'll check out the others! I like your new look!

Emily Leiphart on 10:24 AM CDT said...

Your card makes me smile! I want to reach in through that window and steal a piece of pie. LOL

Jessie/knightrone on 1:29 PM CDT said...

This is so cute!! Thanks for putting me on your blog list!!

Rose Ann on 2:15 PM CDT said...

This is so creative and wonderful!! Yummy too!!

mel m. m. mccarthy on 3:08 PM CDT said...

Unbelievably sweet! I could gobble this card up. Has to be THE cutest thing I've seen in ages! :O)

Monika/Buzsy on 2:53 PM CDT said...

Fabulous card Donna! Love the window and the great colors... TFS! PS: Thanks for thinking of me as one of your long list of inspirational bloggers. :o)

Post a Comment