Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Gina K. Designs Preview Day 2: Back to School and Sports, School, Spirit!!


teacher mosaicWell, it was back to school for kids in Central Texas this week and tonight it’s back to school for me (college) after 12 years! They always say it’s never too late to return, right?! Well, I am excited and a little scared at the same time to do it, I have to admit! Since I got laid off from my full-time job in April, it’s been a roller coaster of emotions and decisions but I am confident I am moving ahead in the direction I should be going—with God’s help, my determination and the support of my family & friends I will succeed! I am moving in the direction of the Licensed Vocational Nurse certificate program at the local community college. So, it’s fitting I am working with the Back to School and Sports, School, Spirit! sets the day I return!

teacher mosaic closeup

On my first card, the set Back to School, illustrated by Rupa Shevde, I used several images in the set to compliment Inspiration Mosaic. I also used some of Gina K. Designs new grey cardstock called Moonlit Fog (a beautiful deep grey which will be a wonderful go to neutral when you desire something less harsh than black). Here is a close up of the crystal lacquer I used on the apples to make them shiny.

back2school lockers
Here is my fun Back 2 School scene I made using the new set Sports, School, Spirit! illustrated by Melanie Muenchinger along with a few images from Sporty Accessories (locker, tennis racket, tennis ball & pennant) and Best Friends (we had to have some kids in the scene after all) by Alicia K. Isn’t it fun? And doesn’t it remind you a little of Twilight with the pale girls and red, black & grey colors? I was inspired by Cammie and her daughter’s challenge which is closed by the way, but I thought better late than never to make something to show my spirit!

If you want a closer look of the card, just click on it! Then you can see I made the tennis racket truly see through with an acetate center (which made it more realistic, seeing straight through to the wall & lockers). I know this set is going to be a LOT of fun for those sporty & school enthusiasts!

For more inspiration with the stamps previewed today, visit Gina's blog as well as Melanie, illustrator of Sports, School, Spirit.

The following Senior Design Team Members have previews using these two preview sets today: Carolyn, Cindy, Emily, Erika Jessica, Lee, Lynn, and Theresa. Also, our Center Stage Spotlight Design Team members Tina Gilliland and Vicki Dutcher

Don't forget about our Release Party on SCS starting at 7pm CST on Thursday, August 27th. There will be contests, challenges, lots of chatter as well as a ton more samples shared by the Senior Design team members and our Center Stage Spotlight team too. We'd love to have you join us!

Pin It

18 comments on "Gina K. Designs Preview Day 2: Back to School and Sports, School, Spirit!!"

Lynn Mercurio on 10:08 PM CDT said...

I love these...the way you used the stick pins is awesome and what great design layouts...just FANTASTIC!

Karen V. said...

Donna - Your locker card is so cool! I love the way you did the tennis racket.

Carolyn King on 10:16 PM CDT said...

LOVE how you combined sets on the sports card. The coloring of the books is awesome too!!!

Lee on 10:16 PM CDT said...

Ohhh Donna!!!!! That Locker card with the besties is sooooo cool!!!!! Of course I love both of them!!! Mel's bg stamp is just amazingly versatile!!!

Theresa Momber on 10:17 PM CDT said...

Donna, what awesomely creative cards! The combination of stamps on the second one is perfect!

dee marie on 10:18 PM CDT said...

Your cards look awesome, Donna! I love your locker scene!

redwasher1 on 10:59 PM CDT said...

I love them!! That apple really is great!!!

Tina on 11:06 PM CDT said...

OMGosh Donnal!!! GREAT designs... love them both!!

Libby Hickson on 12:44 AM CDT said...

Love these - especially your shiny apple! And good luck with everything, I know you'll do great!! And please keep me posted - I keep having thoughts of becoming a nurse once I'm ready to re-enter the working world!

Karen on 5:35 AM CDT said...

Great cards. I just finished going back to school, with 3 kids and a full time job!! It was so hard, but before you know it you know it you will be done!! Good luck and be proud of yourself.

Mary Anne / MA54K on 6:26 AM CDT said...

You have created some wonderful cards here, Donna! Love that scene!

Carla S. on 6:39 AM CDT said...

Awesome cards, Donna! Very creative! Love the combinations of sets you used together!

Sharri on 7:59 AM CDT said...

Donna, your cards are awesome! Good luck with school - you will do just great!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 8:03 AM CDT said...

Sorry I've been MIA for so long. . . I don't get much computer time anymore. Your creations have all been wonderful, as usual! Best of luck going back to school! How exciting! I'm so proud of you. . .I don't know that I could do that. Sending you BIG HUGS for a great first day (night)! :)

buggin2stamp on 8:18 AM CDT said...

Donna, I am so proud of you for taking the step to go back to school. I know you can do it. And you will feel such a sense of success after having done it. I add this to my prayer list. And, yes, with God with whom you can do all things, you will succeed.

As for your cards. Wow!!! I love them both. The card with the girls is a knockout. What pure genius you are for combinig those sets and making the tennis racket see through.

See you at the party.
Melissa

joy on 11:48 AM CDT said...

I love the apple -- what a cute idea. TFS

Monika/Buzsy on 2:52 PM CDT said...

Fabulous samples Donna! Glad you are back at home and stamping! Hope John feels much better... TFS!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! These are fabulous! Love the acetate tennis racket!!!! I'm totally flipping over this set. Can't wait until Thursday.

Post a Comment