Monday, August 3, 2009

Taylored Expressions - Preview Day 1


card & sweets

I’m so excited (well, I say that every month) to bring you some samples using the new sweet & delicious Taylored Expressions Whimsical Expressions set called Berries & Cherries and yummy key ingredients!! For my first project, because I love strawberries (and they’re even better covered in chocolate) I made a box of chocolate covered strawberries and matching card. I decorated the card & box identically with all elements of the key ingredients kit. The box, you may recognize is the Perfect Package card box, available at Taylored Expressions. I used my Upper and Lowercase Times New Roman JustRite font for the top of the box. I forgot to get pictures of the strawberry close – up, I actually covered the chocolate with crystal lacquer for some great shine on it. I love the sentiment, “Why eat fruit when you can eat fruit covered in chocolate?

choc cov straw

Here is a picture of the yummy strawberries! I lined the bottom of the card box with wax paper.

strawberry pie SFYTT

On my second project, I used the yummy pie image with swirly steam to represent a strawberry pie—hhhmmmm. I used Jen De Muro’s sketch for you to try (SFYTT) which showcases this delectable Doodlebug pattern paper in the key ingredients! I just adore the images & sentiments in this set as well as the Doodlebug strawberry braddies I used by the sentiment. Taylor will have full color photos & details on her blog on release day.

Be sure to check out the sweet creations the rest of the Baker’s Dozen Design Team have to share with you! And be sure to come back tomorrow and Wednesday (Wednesday at 10:00 a.m. CST all the new products will be available for purchase!) YEA – I think I may be buying 2 of the key ingredients packages, I love it THAT much and know you will too!) See ya tomorrow with another preview!

Taylor VanBruggen
Ana Wohlfahrt
Charmaine Ikach
Dawn Easton
Denise Marzec
Jen Del Muro
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Laura Frederickson
Lori Schmidlin
Sankari Wegman

Pin It

16 comments on "Taylored Expressions - Preview Day 1"

Jodi Collins on 10:29 AM CDT said...

Oh! I should have come here AFTER lunch...this DELICIOUSNESS is making my stomach growl!! LOVE the box of chocolate covered cherries and the card is GORGEOUS too!!

Sankari W. on 10:55 AM CDT said...

OKAY!!! HELLOOOOOO YUMMINESS!!! LOVE the matching gift set - how awesome and sweet and lovely is every single mouthwatering detail on your card!!! AND i love the personalized message on the box and those strawberries look AWESOME!!!!!!! YUM!!! Awesome set Donna!!! You so ROCK!!!!

Karen Giron on 10:56 AM CDT said...

I'm with Jodi - this blog hop is making me really hungry! Those strawberries look so delicious and the box you made for them is perfect! Lovely card (with pie no less... growlll.. hungry... haha!) Beautiful job!

Jackie Pedro on 11:07 AM CDT said...

I just ate breakfast, so I think I can have me dessert now!! This is darling, Donna and those chocolate covered strawberries look delish!!

Laura (scrapnextras) on 11:18 AM CDT said...

I'll be right over Donna! Those strawberries are calling me! Awesome set, and that box is perfect! Amazing cards...what a fabulous peek!

Denise Marzec on 11:38 AM CDT said...

Ohhhhhhh, gf, you have one of my VERY favorite desserts in your post today...chocolate covered strawberries! For valentine's day, I ask for just ONE thing...and that is chocolate covered strawberries from Gertrude & Hawk from DH...oh, now I totally WANT them...but darn, I'm on a diet. Poo!

Love your cards and your decorated box. I'm going to have to try the crystal effects on my next TE card. Love the look of it on the chocolate.

Man, I just wrote a book there, huh?

Ana Wohlfahrt on 12:05 PM CDT said...

Oh yummo!! I love these cards and box!! They make me want some strawberries!!

Karen Motz on 12:32 PM CDT said...

DE-licious!!! LOVE both projects...but that pie looks soooooooooo good, fresh from the oven with steam rising!

Julia Aston on 1:46 PM CDT said...

What a great box Donna! and yummy contents!! bet they didn't last long!! and your pie card is so cute with the steam rising - I can just smell it now!!

Yvette on 2:40 PM CDT said...

Yummy! Love your berry sweet cards and those chocolate covered strawberries! Fantastic job!

Alex on 10:10 PM CDT said...

Oooh, YUM!!! Donna, this is such a fabulous project!! I love those strawberries, what a fun set!! I have missed stopping by and hope to be back to regular blogging again now that I have my job under control, lol! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Alex on 10:10 PM CDT said...

Oooh, YUM!!! Donna, this is such a fabulous project!! I love those strawberries, what a fun set!! I have missed stopping by and hope to be back to regular blogging again now that I have my job under control, lol! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Taylor on 10:16 AM CDT said...

Yummy, yum, yum!! Can you send one of those strawberries through the computer!? :) Love it!

Lee on 3:59 AM CDT said...

Ooooooo YUM!!!!!

Rose Ann on 2:55 PM CDT said...

One word....YUM!! I am really wanting a snack after looking at your cards and treats!!

Jessie/knightrone on 11:34 PM CDT said...

Super duper cute!!

Post a Comment