Sunday, August 23, 2009

TESC79: Red Velvet Cupcake


TESC79 red velvet

Here I am, as promised with my VERY late (but better than never) card using Taylor’s Sketch Challenge from Friday!  My DH got discharged finally about 7:30 p.m. on Friday—we were almost there 24 hours.  I’ve been tending to him, working on design team work, and trying to rest from all the excitement (good and bad) from the week!  Tomorrow we go to the Dr. to get the gauze taken out of his nose and it will be nice for him to breathe out of it!  It’s been very emotional with 2 deaths as well (today the last living sibling of my dad died, my Uncle Nick who lived in Chicago that I hadn’t seen since I was a little girl).  Fortunately, my sisters, brother-in-laws and niece visited him over a year ago when he was better.  I am just glad he will no longer be in pain and may be reunited with the rest of his family in Heaven. 

Now onto my card, I made a yummy red velvet cupcake using For the Love of Cupcakes by Taylored Expressions.  I used my creative license to alter the sketch a little to accommodate the scraps of cardstock I had laying around.  I used the recent Berries & Cherries key ingredients (except for the espresso dimensional pearls for the frosting).  I cut out a teeny tiny strawberry for topping on the cupcake from  the Berries & Cherries set.

TESC79

Here is Taylor’s sketch for you to try - be sure to leave a comment on Taylor’s blog with the direct link to your blog post or gallery upload using the Mr. Linky service so she can check it out! You're always welcome to play with any of these sketches at any time, but you have one week to make a card and link your creation on her blog in order to be considered for the Featured Sampler (by Friday, August 28 at 10am CST)!

Now go check out the Sketch Crew’s cards they have to share-I’m sure you will be inspired:

Taylor Van Bruggen
Jami Sibley
Monika Davis
Stephanie Hargis
Lori Craig

The Featured Sampler of this week’s sketch is Lori McAree

Pin It

2 comments on "TESC79: Red Velvet Cupcake"

blah on 12:21 AM CDT said...

Very cute! I love the chocolate glaze on the cupcake :-)

Jennie on 7:57 AM CDT said...

This is so cute Donna! Hope your dh is doing better, I imagine it will be nice to get the gauze out :o)

Sorry about the recent deaths, parting beings about such sorrow but in Heaven joy comes abundantly!

Post a Comment