Saturday, August 29, 2009

Feel Better: Watercolor Misting


feel better

Here is a card I shared at the Gina K. release party the other night (I arrived the last 45 mins. of the party and that will be the case for the next 4 months due to me taking an evening class in college**).   So, as soon as I arrived with a very warm welcome from everyone, I was furiously sharing some cards with everyone I made.  I used the new One Free with 3 sets, Tropical Blooms ($19.95 value), which is a companion set to Tropical Windows (last month’s one free with 3, now available for purchase!)   I used the watercolor misting technique for my card, on cold pressed Canson Aquarelle watercolor paper (90 lb).  My card base is Pumpkin Spice pure luxury cardstock. 

watercolor

 

For this technique, you need a solid stamp, SU! watercolor crayons and a spray bottle filled with water for misting. 

 

watercolor2

It’s such a simple process; just color directly on your stamp using the crayon, mist with water, apply to your watercolor paper and repeat.  For the flowers I used mustard, pumpkin and rust and for the stems & leaves I used 2 shades of green: olive & artichoke.  Finish your card with a sentiment and embellishments.  I chose Feel Better from Tropical Windows since I made this card for Cat Tidwell, fellow design team member for Gina K. who has been ill for the past few weeks – just wanted her to know I’m praying for her recovery and miss her!  Simple embellishment is the self-adhesive nail heads 3mm. 

August29StampingLifestylecover5in

 

Click on the above picture to the right to read all about Carolyn (Cammie) King on the Gina K. design team in this week’s Stamping Lifestyle magazine! 


**Regarding college, I need to let y’all know a few changes have occurred due to this change.
 

First, I stepped down from designing for Starving Artistamps, in which I served for the past year.   I enjoyed my time with the Doodlefactory line and don’t intend to stop using the stamps because they’re so fun and unique.  I just have to limit my commitments. 

Second, I had to unsubscribe from reading blogs via Google Reader that I loved to follow!!  I don’t want anyone to think I don’t care for their creations or them any longer, just want to let you know that my time is limited due to my increased time for studying.  In fact, after spending 8+ hours stamping today for the upcoming TE release, I spent an additional 3 hours doing my homework.  I may not post every single day like usual, but as a committed design team member for Gina K. Designs and Taylored Expressions, I intend to continue promoting their stamps and products because I LOVE & believe in them  (Gina K and Taylor as wonderful women business owners) and their business (exceptional customer service & fabulous products)!!

Thanks for your understanding!!!

Pin It

8 comments on "Feel Better: Watercolor Misting"

Vanessa on 8:35 AM CDT said...

Beautiful card. You are going to do great in school this semester. Juggling it all will be challenging, but a joy nonetheless.

Carolina on 2:21 PM CDT said...

Adorable card and thanks for the up close pics showing more detail. I didn't make it to the party so I for one am glad your sharing your pics here.

In regards to taking steps back and not posting as much or not surfing blogs as much, we unerstand. Some times you need step back to go forward and school is what's your number 1 priority to achieve your ultimate goal...so excited and proud of you for recognizing this and being courageous to put steps in place to reach your dream.

Hope John is feeling better - big hugs to him!

Miss you terribly but understand about your time being limited. I'm just a call away so feel free to ring whenever you can - hugs & love!!!

Melanie on 3:55 PM CDT said...

beautiful card! TFS the technique!

Jessie/knightrone on 7:49 PM CDT said...

This is gorgeous Donna!! Believe me, we all will still be looking for your gorgeous creations, whether you post one day a week or five!! Hugs!!

Denise Marzec on 9:59 PM CDT said...

Hey, we all have to make adjustments sometimes. Good for you for putting your focus on your schooling.

Your card is beautiful (as always)! :)

blah on 11:33 PM CDT said...

Love this one Donna! Congrats on going back to school and we all completely understand how life works. I don't blog much these days and go in spurts because I've got 3 kids and a pretty demanding job.

Hang in there and stay in touch :-)

Betty Benton on 9:50 AM CDT said...

This is a beautiful card, Donna! Thank you for sharing the technique and I think I'll give it a try! Best of luck to you as you tackle this new arena of college -- It will be challenging but I'm sure you will master it as well as the watercolor mist technique!!

Rose Ann on 10:27 PM CDT said...

You've made a gorgeous card with the technique, Donna!! I love the images and pretty colors!!

Best of luck with your class(es)!! I totally understand about priorities, girl!! Hugs!!

Post a Comment