Friday, August 21, 2009

CAS28: Masculine card


CAS28 seagull

Normally I would have already posted my card for Taylored Expressions sketch challenge today, but I didn’t quite anticipate spending the night at the hospital so I wasn’t able to get one made (I will before the weekend is over, though!). 

As I type this, we are still at the hospital---DH is resting, we’re waiting on the Dr. to see if we can go home today.  Thank God I have a laptop!  He was admitted because of a low oxygen saturation level and it’s remaining quite well right now; we're bth looking forward to showers, some real rest and our own bed!  I’m also looking forward to seeing our animals, especially my sick kitty!  Thank y’all for your thoughts & prayers! 

Here is a card I made earlier this week for SCS Clean & Simple challenge (CAS28) to make a masculine card.  I made a rectangle frame with my Nestability die for visual interest and stamped the seagull image from Guiding Light on kraft cardstock and colored in with Koh-i-noor pencils.  I used the copper nail heads as embellishments.

moc_small

Be sure to check out the StampTV on-line class, The Spirit of Christmas held by Jessica!  The class is a great value!  For $39.95, you get the stamp set, all the card stock, ribbon, rhinestones and instructions to make 12 cards, plus you get special access to free holiday digital paper and more inside the private classroom.
If you already have the stamp set or have other stamps you want to use instead, you can choose supplies only for $24.95. Or you can use your own supplies and stamps and just purchase the class for only $15.00!
Get a jump start on those Christmas cards now! Check is all out here at StampTV or in our store in the Class kit category.

Hope you have a great weekend! 

Pin It

6 comments on "CAS28: Masculine card"

Anonymous said...

Well, Donna, I think you are an enabler. hehe I joined the Taylored Expressions kit since you said it was so good. I can't wait to get it. Maybe it will be there when I get home.... hopa.....hopa....hopa. BTW your card is stunning. Praying for your DH. Hospitals are so bittersweet.

Jennie on 8:57 PM CDT said...

Great card! I love this CAS card. I do hope your husband is better and gets to go home :o)

Jessie/knightrone on 9:40 PM CDT said...

This is so lovely, hope John is doing better!!

Winter on 11:23 PM CDT said...

I hope your husband is doing better! Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog about the publications! Yes, never give up on your dream of being published and my advice is to submit alot of cards, to increase your chances! :) Good Bless you in that journey! :)

Lori on 1:24 PM CDT said...

Hope you, your hubby, and your kitty are feeling better now! Your card is stunning, Donna!

Emily Leiphart on 8:36 AM CDT said...

Love your seagull card and those Christmas ones are darling! I hope your DH is at home now and feeling much better!

Post a Comment