Monday, August 17, 2009

Life is a bowl of cherries


bowl of cherries

I just adore this scrumptious bowl of cherries in the new Whimsical Wishes Berries & Cherries set from Taylored Expressions!  What I love even more is the Key Ingredients you can purchase that coordinate so nicely with it!  That’s what I used on this card (with the exception of the yellow prism cardstock I took from my stash and tiny twinkle on the sentiment). 

SCSSBLINKY2

Did you know there’s a new challenge blog in the blogosphere?  It it started out with two sisters who would issue a card challenge to one another and send each other their cards, and now their friends who are ‘Sisters in Christ’ are sharing their faith and issuing challenges every other Sunday on their blog Stampin’ Sisters in ChristKristine Breach is one of those original sisters, who was one of my first blog readers and is so sweet & helpful and I love her creations!  So, here I am participating in the first challenge, based on John 6:35 "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty."  The challenge is to make a food or drink theme.  I read that chapter again, it’s amazing how Jesus took 5 small loaves of bread and 2 small fish from a boy and fed more than 5,000 people!  But ultimately, it’s not what Jesus can DO for us but rather what He IS to us that causes us to follow Him and love Him.  He is our Source, yes but He is also comfort, hope, salvation, healing and the list goes on!!! 

Hope you’ll be inspired to play along!  A free set by Our Daily Bread Designs is up for grabs for a random winner! 

Pin It

13 comments on "Life is a bowl of cherries"

TannyP on 8:33 AM CDT said...

Great card, Donna. I just adore that set...resistance may be futile!

Lori on 12:07 PM CDT said...

These cherries look good enough to eat, great card!

Barbara Schram on 1:45 PM CDT said...

LOVE your cheery bowl full of cherries! And paper to match, perfect! I love it! One of my favorite Bible stories, when we teach this in Sunday School, we call it "The Boy's Lunch" and the kids really relate! Take good care!

Rose Ann on 4:47 PM CDT said...

Your cherries look good enough to eat, Donna!! beautiful coloring and papers!!

Jessie/knightrone on 9:33 PM CDT said...

I LOVE that image and I am SO TEMPTED to get it!! Super cute!!

Carolina on 1:21 AM CDT said...

Adorable card Donna - this is the image that sold me on that set...so funny seems to be a favorite amongst many!

Kathy W. on 8:16 PM CDT said...

oh my!! This is adorable:) Excellent job.
Thanks for joining in on our 1st challenge, and the shout-out as well.

Kristine on 9:03 PM CDT said...

Oh DONNA!! YAY...you played along!! :) I'm all smiles!! LOVE this cherry card...your DP and sentiment are so cute too! Thanks again for playing and I hope to see you back as you get time! :)

Lorie on 10:59 PM CDT said...

Wow, Donna...this is beautiful! Thank you for playing along on the challenge and we hope to see you again soon!

Winter on 9:35 PM CDT said...

So cute and what a BEAUTIFUL blog title and sentiment! :)

Lisa Hjulberg on 11:20 PM CDT said...

Donna, thanks so much for your words of inspiration and for supporting our blog! Your card is wonderful. You do the most amazing work... always a pleasure to see!

P.S. I love that TE stamp set and kit, too!

craftieodmae on 6:57 AM CDT said...

Beautifully written! you made God smile!

Mary on 7:54 PM CDT said...

So cute! I think it looks wonderful!

Post a Comment