Friday, August 14, 2009

TESC78: Kick back & relax masculine style


TESC78 kick back

It’s been a while since I made a fun masculine card, so I pulled a few sets out to make one for this week’s Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge {78}. I also grabbed some cool patterns from Basic Grey’s Archaic pad. I brought out the boots, steak & shish kabob from the Whimsical Wishes set Boys Will be Boys and paired it with the big brew mug from the new Chillax set.

Here’s the conversation that ensued over sharing this card with my DH:

“I like that card”
“I should have just given the card to you”
“I’d rather just have what’s on the card”
“well that’s too much work”
”it’s o.k. for you to spend an hour and a half on the card but it’s too much work to spend 30 mins. making me the meal?”

HA – as if (the card only took about 40 mins) and anyone who knows us knows that I don’t skimp on the home cooked meals around here! Just the other night we had chicken fajitas, homemade salsa, homemade spanish rice (very much more flavorful than ANYTHING you will get at a Mexican restaurant) and my lazy gal’s pinto beans (that’s my pinto beans from a can made with sauteed onions, jalapeno, Bolner’s pinto bean seasoning & cilantro). It was Simply Delicioso!

TESC78

Here is Taylor’s sketch for you to try - be sure to leave a comment on Taylor’s blog with the direct link to your blog post or gallery upload using the Mr. Linky service so she can check it out! You're always welcome to play with any of these sketches at any time, but you have one week to make a card and link your creation on her blog in order to be considered for the Featured Sampler (by Friday, August 21 at 10am CST)!

Now go check out the Sketch Crew’s cards today, I’m sure you will be inspired:

Taylor Van Bruggen
Jackie Pedro
Jami Sibley
Lynn Mercurio
Monika Davis
Sherrie Siemens
Vicki Chrisman

The Featured Sampler of this week’s sketch is Julie Lacey

Hope you have a fabulous weekend!!!

Pin It

10 comments on "TESC78: Kick back & relax masculine style"

Sherrie on 10:19 AM CDT said...

I was scrolling looking for your comment box...and DUH...it's at the top! LOL...it's morning...
Great guy card, I especially love those boots!

Jami on 10:34 AM CDT said...

Oops - left my commment for this card on the wrong post.


BTW - I really like your light post card as well!

TannyP on 1:48 PM CDT said...

Got that comment box adjusted, hey?! =)
Love that masculine card, Donna...and having had a meal like what you'd made earlier in the week, I'd hope there'd be no complaints from the peanut gallery!

Vicki Chrisman on 2:51 PM CDT said...

Cool Dude card Donna! I was just thinking .. rarely do masculine cards.. and need to try to do more. Thanks for reminding me. lol

Barbara Schram on 8:26 PM CDT said...

What a darling card! And what time is dinner? Sounds fantastic! Take good care and have a great weekend, Donna.

Julia Aston on 9:02 PM CDT said...

Love your conversation with DH Donna! and your great masculine card!

Lynn Mercurio on 10:39 AM CDT said...

WOW - this is a fantastic masculine card. I always have problems coming up with ideas for cards for the men in my life, but your have created the perfect "man" card! Awesome job.

Monika/Buzsy on 8:24 AM CDT said...

Great masculine card Donna... love the images and colors. TFS!

Rose Ann on 4:52 PM CDT said...

Funny story...and a fantastic guys' card too!!

Jessie/knightrone on 6:19 PM CDT said...

Totally fabulous!! Love the story, but now I really want to drive to your house and eat...lol!

Post a Comment