Saturday, March 21, 2009

Clean & Simple Challenges


It’s been several weeks now that the SCS challenges for Clean & Simple* cards have been given their own challenge in the forums and I’ve wanted to participate in them! 

(*Definition: A clean and simple card has limited layers and sometimes just a card base. It leaves a lot of "open space". It uses little or no embellishments. Any techniques should be the old standard everyday kind like sponging, distressing and piercing. Limit the number of tools you use. Any colored images should be small and quick. Don't go overboard on tons of punches and embossing. CAS cards should be easy and quick)

Since I am so many weeks behind, I have one card I made to incorporated Challenges 2-5 and to be sure it was STILL a CAS card while doing this was quite a feat but I pulled it off – somehow this turned out to be one of my favorite cards! 

CAS 02: One Button Will Do
CAS03: It’s a Sketch!
CAS04: Accenting with Dots
CAS05: Color Challenge-Blues & Greens

CAS02-05
Supplies: Gina K Designs Bold Flowers Floral Frenzy kit  coordinating Marvy flower punches (love ‘em!).  Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss ink & cardstock & Gina K. pure luxury layering weight white cardstock. Kiwi Kiss corduroy brads.  Accented small flowers with Copic atyou spica pen. 

P.S. John took care of purchasing the Serenity in Stamping Domain for me and linked my blog to it.  This should be transparent to everyone but I will now begin to use http://www.serenityinstamping.com/ when I refer to my blog.  If you would like to note the change you can, but you will still be able to access it the previous way with the blogspot address. 

In addition to that, I am testing composing my blog posts in Windows Live Writer – so far I like it!! 

Pin It

7 comments on "Clean & Simple Challenges"

Cat Tidwell on 5:11 PM CDT said...

Ooooo I love this! Your OWN domain! AWEsome girl! I used to have one looong ago, lol!

And the card rocks! WOW! You did fantastic in combing all of those CAS challenges! I have really been enjoying those lately too!

I got my google reader to work now for me, but I had to run spybot on it to get rid of a bunch of stuff! YUK! It thought I was a 'bot' or something, lol!

Christi Flores on 5:20 PM CDT said...

This is fantastic!! I love the colors!!

Angie Tieman on 9:39 PM CDT said...

This is awesome, Donna!! Very striking, love it!!

Rose Ann on 10:05 PM CDT said...

I'm a big CAS fan, and your card is very beautiful, Donna!! I love the colors, flowers, and sentiment!

Congrats on your blog change!

Lee on 1:44 AM CDT said...

Very elegant!!! Seems like everyone can do CAS cards well except me!! LOL

Denise Marzec on 7:24 AM CDT said...

Wow, you combined four challenges and it's clean and simple...awesome job. It's BEAUTIFUL!

Carolina on 3:32 PM CDT said...

Stunning card and in total awe of how you managed to combine all the challenges!

Post a Comment