Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sweet Bright Trees


It’s been a while since I’ve participated in Libby’s Little Addiction From Courtney’s Closet Challenge 35– you know the sweet baby who just turned one year old that gets subjected to being dressed in the most adorable outfits & have her sweet face plastered on the net (usually) weekly in seemingly random photos taken by a hopelessly-in-love-stamp-addicted Mommy so many crazed-stamp-addicted ladies can find inspiration in said adorable outfits & vie for attention from said addicted Mommy.  Phew…that was one long sentence!  I think you get what I mean!  Here is my take on this week’s cute little outfit (don’t you just love Courtney’s brightly striped pants!?)

FCCC35_C1

That’s what I drew some of my inspiration from {afterward wishing I had trimmed those pieces down just a tad and made them more narrow to match} as well as Whimsical Wishes set Branching Out/Coordinates by Taylored Expressions.  I wasn’t able to capture the sparkle on the little flowers, I used Copic atyou spica glitter pens

FCC 031909 tree stripes

I have one more card to share using the same sets!  I made this several weeks ago (prior to the release) and haven’t shared it yet – it nearly went along with the inspiration, huh? 

apple tree

I used the DCWV Sweet Stack and put sweet, shiny apples on the tree to match the glitter paper. Here’s a close up of the sweet, shiny apples. 

apple closeup

Hope you enjoyed these 2 sweet, bright trees of mine which remind me that Spring is here~over the weekend I saw my first glimpse of Texas Bluebonnets when John and I were out Geocaching (that’s something for another post). 

See ya tomorrow!! 

Pin It

8 comments on "Sweet Bright Trees"

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 10:29 AM CDT said...

Love both cards, Donna! Love how you did the leaves!

Christi Flores on 11:03 AM CDT said...

They are both fabulous!! I love that tree!

Ila on 3:46 PM CDT said...

Oh My!! ..she is the Sweetest!!..and your card is super Gorgeous!!..love those glazed apples!!

Carla on 6:45 PM CDT said...

Both of these are so bright and fresh! Love the apple details and the stamps are gorgeous!!

Alex on 7:06 PM CDT said...

These are both fabulous Donna, love the bright, fresh colors and that tree is wonderful! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Denise Marzec on 9:15 PM CDT said...

Oh my gosh, Donna, I LOOOOOOOVE how you did all those leaves and put the apples in the tree. Man, that looks cute!!!

Libby Hickson on 2:08 AM CDT said...

These are both so cute Donna!! And I loved your run-on sentence describing my challenge, too funny!! :-) Thanks for playing this week!!!

Rose Ann on 9:55 AM CDT said...

Both cards are soooo pretty, and perfect for Libby's challenge!! Great job!!

Post a Comment