Monday, March 30, 2009

Rubberband Blooms


STVTC7 FCCC blooms

It’s time for another installment of the talented & sweet Gina K’s StampTV video techniques!  This time, she is using the rubberband technique and although I didn’t clarify what she meant – I remembered using wrapping rubberbands around the rubber brayer and swiping it on cardstock like 6 years ago when I heard of the technique and I probably have not used it since then!  HA---it was fun, though.  I used Cool Caribbean & Chocolate Chip cardstock.  The blooms, flower centers and brown cord are in the StampTV kit.  I made polka dots with an eraser.  Try out the technique & upload your creation in order to get in the drawing for a free stamp set valued at $24.95 or less!  If you use Gina K stamps, your name goes in twice!

FCCC36_1

I took my inspiration from the oh-so-adorable-and-looking-like-a-pretty-girl toddler Courtney for my card!  She was helping mommy with the dishes the other day when Libby posted a sneak peek of what was to come – she was amused by my comment that Courtney was wearing an apron!  I love this shirt, and would really love to have one but would not want to show my chunky  arms so I think I’ll pass on the quest to find one. 

Hope you have an awesome day!!

Pin It

8 comments on "Rubberband Blooms"

Linsey R on 12:32 PM CDT said...

Oooh, super neat technique!! i love that look and it's fabulous on the pretty soft blue with the clean white flowers! Beautiful card and darling inspiration! :) xoxo (ps-i updated your info, thanks for letting me know) hugs!

Alex on 1:30 PM CDT said...

Gorgeous card Donna!! What a cute inspiration too! S*TAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Ila on 2:04 PM CDT said...

Your card is Gorgeous!! and Courtney is just the Cutest!!...Hugs, Ila...(wouldn't catch me in righ now in the arm showing apron either...lol)

Unknown on 5:02 PM CDT said...

Oh I just love this card, those flowers are sooo pretty.

Anonymous said...

Luv, luv, luv this card. Luv the colors especially!!! Great inspiration!

Lee on 12:33 AM CDT said...

Oh how can you not be inspired by that sweetie pie???!!!! What a fun card....I totally have to get some rubber bands now!!! LOL

Carolina on 2:03 AM CDT said...

What a great card - you rocked this technique!!!

Libby Hickson on 3:20 PM CDT said...

It's so fun to see what others comment about my BABY girl!! (NOT TODDLER!! hee hee!) Love your card, what a funky technique!

Post a Comment