Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Gina K Sneak Peek Day 1: Easter Blessings


I just love the new Easter Blessings set illustrated by Rupa Shevde; it's so elegant and classic and full of beautiful Scriptures encompassing the wonderful occasion of celebrating the resurrection of Christ, which incidentally is only about 5 weeks away.  

I found these beautiful speckled malt eggs at Central Market a few days ago that I thought would be perfect to display in this sweet mini basket shared by Claire that I made.  The main basket was made using Lemon Tart by Papertrey and the liner is SU! brushed gold metallic cardstock, which  is perfect to highlight the gold specks in the candy.  The sheer bronze flower & leaf are from a package of blooms I got at my LSS, which I made a point to support this Friday and it felt good {especially since I got the long coveted Tim Holtz design ruler which I used a lot this weekend when I was creating}.  Both the basket and top note die were ran through my cuttlebug with the textile embossing folder.  

The Easter lillies in the set are so pretty, aren't they?  I love all the images in this set and know I will use them all to make Easter cards to send to friends and family.  

Be sure to check out what wonderful sneak peeks the rest of the design team have to share with you today, including our In the Spotlight designer for this month, Sharri!  

Gina Krupsky

Carolyn King

Cindy Lawrence

Emily Giovanni (her blog may be down, but she will be posting to her SCS gallery)

Erika Martin

Jessica Fick

Kurtis Amundson

Melanie Muenchinger

Theresa Momber

Sharri Seffens – In the Spotlight Designer 

*RELEASE PARTY INFO* - join us this Thursday evening 7:00 - 10:00 p.m. CST in the Gina K Forum on SCS for great chat, samples, contests and challenges!
Pin It

27 comments on "Gina K Sneak Peek Day 1: Easter Blessings"

Theresa Momber on 12:23 AM CDT said...

Donna, these are so pretty! I love that basket. How cute!!!

Melanie on 2:37 AM CDT said...

that turned out really pretty! love the brown flourish, that's so nice with the white and yellow. cute basket!

Carolyn King on 3:48 AM CDT said...

What an elegant card---beautiful. That basket is adorable!

Cindy Lawrence on 5:30 AM CDT said...

So pretty, Donna! Love those gorgeous white lilies!

Cat Tidwell on 6:13 AM CDT said...

What a gorgeous card Donna! This totally makes me think of Easter! And that basket, too stinking cute!

Sharri on 6:47 AM CDT said...

Love the card! The basket is adorable!

Unknown on 7:24 AM CDT said...

You showcased Rupa's set beautifully, my friend!! I love your card with the flourish touch and that basket is too cute!

Anonymous said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

Donna,
This set is just beautiful!

Unknown on 8:23 AM CDT said...

Oops, I meant set as in card and basket. LOL!

Anonymous said...

That last post was me but Jessica was signed in. :) I'll stop now but your card rocks!

Tamara on 8:28 AM CDT said...

I love the colours you chose for the lilies. In Saskatchewan I am so accustomed to seeing orange lilies, that I sometimes forget the white ones are just as gorgeous.

AKiteFlier on 8:31 AM CDT said...

This is divine and so perfect with Claire's basket - I have yet to make it but it is just too cute.

Anonymous said...

Donna, the card is so beautiful!!!! I can't wait to see what else you come up with this week. And I really can't wait until Thursday!!!

Lee on 11:13 AM CDT said...

Absolute GORgeousness!!!! I love that pale yellow!!!

Christina Fischer on 11:19 AM CDT said...

Gorgeous, Donna! I love the colors and the wonderful layout on your card, and the basket is just perfect for the candy! :)

Kurtis on 11:36 AM CDT said...

I LOVE the simplicity! Beautiful!

Christi Flores on 12:23 PM CDT said...

Wow Donna! This is gorgeous!!!

Marilyn Hitterman on 12:59 PM CDT said...

I just had to stop what I was doing and send this message to you. Your Easter card is so outstanding, eye catching, and beautiful, Donna. It's certainly an original!! I really love it!!!!!

Vanessa on 2:52 PM CDT said...

Beautiful card.

KanataNewf on 2:57 PM CDT said...

Another beautiful lily! Makes me long for spring!

JessicaK on 4:50 PM CDT said...

Gorgeous Donna. The yellow/white color combo is stunning.

Karen Motz on 6:02 PM CDT said...

So pretty Donna! I love the embossed top note and the flowers are gorgeous!

Rose Ann on 11:36 AM CDT said...

Your basket is fantastic, and I love your gorgeous card!! Wonderful projects!!

Angie Tieman on 10:58 PM CDT said...

HOw pretty!! Love that little basket and the card is gorgeous!!

Denise Marzec on 5:17 AM CDT said...

Oh what a GORGEOUS card!! I love everything about it..it's so eye catching!

Unknown on 3:24 AM CDT said...

Oh this is just beautiful Donna - I love how you used embossed card for the basket!! and the card is fabulous!! Thanks for the shout out too!

Post a Comment