Friday, March 20, 2009

TECC60: Swinging Cuppie


Happy Cupcake Friday everyone!! I am so excited to show you my sample today because I just adore how it turned out (thanks to Taylor's great sketch*wink). I chose to make a peek-a-boo type one layer card that opens at the front with the center panel (where the scallop is). Last night we had our last SU! stamp club meeting and one of the projects was to make a one sheet wonder (I'll have to share the result of that in future posts) but one of the things I can share is how I organized it. Since we had 6 ladies I chose 6 different color combinations & two-step stamping sets for them to choose from and let them pick as they arrived. What fun!! I am showing one of the color combinations I chose on the Scraptitude site---have you ever used that? It's quite handy when I have color block! I basically chose my base cardstock color of pumpkin pie & it came up with Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss & Apricot Appeal as coordinating colors and I really like them! I would NOT have chosen these together to be honest with you! For my card I used the new Branching Out & Coordinates and grabbed my faceless cuppie from Home Sweet Home & made his face so he can play on the tree swing! Can't you just hear him saying, 'weeeeeeeeee' as he swings back & forth on this nice almost Spring Day? (well it is in Austin...low 80's) - I know, some of you are jealous & you should be...Central Texas is the place to be. If you live here you know it and if you've visited you know it and if you haven't you should!

Here is a view of the inside of my card since I was not able to put a sentiment on the front.

Here is Taylor’s sketch so you can play along too!! You can be eligible to win Cupcake Sampler Honors & be featured on Taylor’s blog using the next Cupcake Friday Sketch! You’re not required to use cupcakes on your sketch, but if you got ‘em why not use ‘em?? You can create something other than a card but try to keep as close to the sketch as possible. If you’re uploading to Splitcoast, please use keyword TECC60. Leave a comment on Taylor’s post with a link to your blogpost or gallery link so she can check it out! You must have your creation uploaded by Monday, March 23 at 10:00 a.m. CST to be eligible for the featured cupcake sampler honors. Lastly, be sure to have FUN creating!

Be sure to check out the other Cupcake Crew’s Creations:

Taylor VanBruggen
Ana Wohlfahrt
Jackie Pedro
Jami Sibley
Lynn Mercurio
Monika Davis
Sherrie Siemens
Vicki Chrisman

Today’s Featured Cupcake Sampler is Jen Tapler and here is the darling card that snagged her Cupcake Honors today on Taylor’s blog!

Pin It

18 comments on "TECC60: Swinging Cuppie"

Sherrie on 10:14 AM CDT said...

Oh I love your swingin' cuppie Donna! So cute! And your project is really sweet too.
Have a great weekend!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 10:43 AM CDT said...

Hee hee, so sweet! Love the swinging Cuppie!

Jami on 11:08 AM CDT said...

Oh my goodness your card made me giggle! I love the tiny cuppie on the swing!!!

Jackie Pedro on 11:14 AM CDT said...

This is the cutest, Donna! I love that little cuppie on the swing!!! The colors are fab,too!!

Vicki Chrisman on 12:31 PM CDT said...

OH Donna.. this card has to be my most favorite ever!! What Sweetness! Seriously.. just to darn cute! Bravo!
(and you album above... so so sweet.. she's going to love it!)

Cat Tidwell on 12:34 PM CDT said...

This is soo adorable Donna! What a cute idea to put cuppie on the tree branch with the swing! I LOVE it!

Kay D on 2:06 PM CDT said...

How cute is he? Now, that's a happy card!

Christi Flores on 2:49 PM CDT said...

Oh how stinkin' cute! Sure put a smile on my face! :)

Libby Hickson on 3:04 PM CDT said...

Oh your card is so cute!!

Monika/Buzsy on 3:45 PM CDT said...

Awesome card Donna! Love the swinging cuppie! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, this is too cute!

Mary on 10:18 PM CDT said...

Beautiful job, great colors and layout… Thanks for the inspiration.

Angie Tieman on 12:06 AM CDT said...

Very cute card!! Love how springy it is!

Nancy on 4:36 PM CDT said...

This is absolutely adorable, Donna!
~Nancy

Rose Ann on 10:10 PM CDT said...

Oh my goodness, Donna...this is just the cutest!! I love the dimension, colors...everything about this is super sweet!!

Lee on 1:43 AM CDT said...

How totally and stinkin' caaauuuute!!!!!!

Renee on 9:24 PM CDT said...

Darling challenge card! Love the cupcake :)

Terri Trotter Earley on 12:59 PM CDT said...

Stinking cute!!! Love everything about this. Great job with the sketch.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Post a Comment