Thursday, March 19, 2009

Easter is {almost} here...


Here is my favorite card I've made using the new Doodlefactory Easter & All About Easter sets!  
It's no secret I love to paper-piece so when I first saw this set I knew I would have fun paper-piecing this clothed bunny couple!  I just love the exuberance displayed by Buttons and the sweet look on Stella's face.  

I stamped them on kraft cardstock and used Easter Key Ingredients designer paper by My Mind's Eye for their clothes & some of the easter eggs.  I also used some shamrock flower soft for grass - that stuff is so cool!  What little coloring I did on this card was done with prismacolor pencils and white highlights on the ears, eyes & freckles was done with a white gel pen.  

Thanks for visiting today!!  
Pin It

13 comments on "Easter is {almost} here..."

Juliana on 9:30 AM CDT said...

So very very cute!!!!!
I love them on kraft paper--and her dress ROCKS!!

Linda Beeson on 10:12 AM CDT said...

Oh what a totally adorable job you did with these little guys! Using the patterned paper on the images is the best idea.

Anonymous said...

Donna, that's just too precious! Fabulous job with all the paper piecing. I love this card.

Ila on 11:33 AM CDT said...

This is just the Cutest!! I love anything made on kraft paper..(why I'm not sure)..and your paper piecing looks fabulous!!...Hugs, Ila

DoodleFactory on 1:40 PM CDT said...

I will have to draw more creatures wearing clothes so you can paper piece away! Love the look on the cardstock background.

Rose Ann on 4:03 PM CDT said...

They are just too cute, Donna...and your paper piecing is wonderful!!

Christi Flores on 4:40 PM CDT said...

How cute Donna!!!

Theresa Momber on 6:47 PM CDT said...

Donna, this is so cute! The paper piecing really pops against the kraft.

Lynn Mercurio on 10:32 PM CDT said...

This is awesome Donna. Love how your bunnies look on that shade of paper...and your flower soft- FANTASTIC.

Alex on 10:56 PM CDT said...

Oh how cute!! I love the white accents, it really makes the images pop!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Libby Hickson on 12:55 AM CDT said...

So cute!! Love how it looks on the Kraft paper!

Carolina on 2:10 AM CDT said...

You my friend are a genius when it comes to using Kraft card stock! What an adorable card...thanks for such a treat. I'm heading off to Scrapbook Expo today, Friday, and back on Saturday...can't wait to see your projects with the new Key Ingredients kit. Hugs & smiles!!!

Barbara Schram on 9:36 AM CDT said...

What a cutie patootie card, Donna! LOVE the kraft and subtle prisma coloring. Your paper piecing skills are awesome, my friend!

Post a Comment