Sunday, March 1, 2009

Fun & Bright and Soft & Simple Thank You Cards


Here are a few thank you cards I needed to make to send out to some special people!  I used Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge for the first card (which is really Lori Craig's sketch WSC70 since her 'crew' is going to take turns bringing the sketches each week)!  I decided to make my own patterned paper which was the SCS Limited Supplies challenge (LSC209) from Friday and in that limitation we had to use the same set for the whole card,limited to only ribbons & brads for embellishments (no problem since I wanted to keep this card somewhat flat for easy mailing) and the sentiment had to be from the same set too.  Easy enough since the Floral Frenzy stamp kit by Gina K has this cute set called Bold Flowers is complete with the background stamps I used {polka dots on pumpkin panel, weathered look on kiwi kiss} and the flowers & flower centers to make my sentiment: thank you friend.  WOW!  Oh and I almost forgot, the colors I used were for the Color Challenge this week courtesy of Jenn I love bright colors Balcer CC207: Summer Kiwi Pies!  This was a challenge trifecta!

My second card is for Jen's SFYTT from yesterday.  I chose to use the other set in the Floral Frenzy kit called Elegant Flowers, my first time using the Iris, I chose to keep it white with the yellow center to this card is soft & simple.  I used Basic Grey Urband Prairie dp on the bottom & SU! celery twill which you can get in a ribbon bundle during SAB.  Not much more to say about this card because there's not much more to it!  Be sure to participate in Jen's sketch this week - she's showing us the love by giving away a few goodies!   Pin It

4 comments on "Fun & Bright and Soft & Simple Thank You Cards"

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards!! Thanks for playing! Hugs-Jd

Carolina on 12:58 AM CST said...

Darlin' cards Donna! Love the second one best...you always manage to achieve such elegance!

Rose Ann on 10:53 AM CST said...

Both are so pretty!! I love the bright colors on the first (fits with the bolder images), and the soft colors on the second (delicate and gorgeous)!!

Julia Aston on 2:19 PM CST said...

Two great cards Donna - one bold and bright and the other soft and muted! both beautiful!

Post a Comment