Thursday, March 12, 2009

Gina K Sneak Peek Release Day: Wreath of Wishes & A Charmed Life


Well today is the day - aren't you excited? Did you see the video from Gina inviting YOU to the release party tonight at 7:00 CST? She is just so darn cute {sounds weird to say that since she's a grown woman, but it's true!} The first set I have to share with you is the One Free with 3 set illustrated by Gina K called Wreath of Wishes, a wonderful hospitality set that you can use for so many occasions: new neighbors, new home, friendship and more. I picked up a set of acrylic coasters that were perfect to place the wreath inside, stamped on vellum and colored on the back with waterbased markers. The box on the left is somehting I scored to fit around the coasters with a simple tie closure. This would make a lovely housewarming gift.

Here is a close-up of the card I made, since I used vellum I wanted to make a see-through window to capture the beauty of the floral wreath. The bottom half of the card was run through the leafy branch embossing folder and sponged with old olive ink for depth. The ribbon & brads are from the floral frenzy kit.

Here is a quick picture to show the elements of my nestability circle window: circle cut through Pure Luxury Ivory baseweight cardstock and also the old olive layer (separately). Then I layered the circle & scallop and cut through the rose red layer. The vellum image was adhered to the ivory cardbase and covered completely.
My next card is from Melanie's A Charmed Life set and you will not believe {ok if you are familiar with her stamps, you will} that there are a TON of little images in this set like the cupcake charm on this wine glass and so many 'celebratory' words! The set is so much fun, even if you're not a wine drinker...you may need a card to make for one and here you go!  But you will soon see there are so many things you can use this glass for *wink*.  

Aren't the pattern papers on this card beautiful? Some of you may have seen other design team members use it this week, it's a digital paper pack created by our own Emily Giovanni! It's called *Rich & Shabby* so of course it went so well with the rich regal colors by SU! here: elegant eggplant & old olive. My card uses Jen's SFYTT from last Sat.

It's been forever since I've used vellum on my card & I have used it for both of these projects - here for the sentiment over the base of the wine glass so you can still see through to the little cupcake charm! I found the regal color sheer blossoms at my LSS this weekend, as well as the wine colored trim on the bottom layer.

Same set, same colors, different look!  A Charmed Life sentiment was stamped on my Little Tee on and sentiment Cheers used to celebrate a fabulous friend's birthday!   Isn't it true how some people totally look better as they age?  Some people that come to mind are Brad Pitt, Viggo Mortensen, George Clooney to name a few.  There are so many movie stars that are fabulous at 40, which when I was 18 I thought was pretty up there in age but since I am nearly pushing 40 - it seems like that is still young~I have to keep telling myself, ha!   I used some of the wine colored trim on this card too, to make a fancy shirt, isn't it cute?  I totally wish I had a shirt like this - maybe I'll have one made for my 40th birthday to wear.  The shirt was stamped on one of the 4 digital papers in the freebie pack Gina will be offering {be sure to check out her blog for more information} as a supplement to Emily's Rich & Shabby papers - isn't it fabulous as a tee? There is also another digital pack called Peachy Keen that is so pretty and I'll have a sample to show you this evening using it at the release party - hope you'll be there to see it *wink* 

Here's a list of design team members to check out there wonderful creations today! Don't forget the release party tonight! In the SCS Gina K Forum!!
Pin It

15 comments on "Gina K Sneak Peek Release Day: Wreath of Wishes & A Charmed Life"

Theresa Momber on 12:14 AM CDT said...

Wow, Donna, these are fab! Love the Little Tee with the lace edge. Gorgeous!

Sharri on 12:22 AM CDT said...

OMG, I love them all! That Little Tee is so cute!

Jan Castle on 12:23 AM CDT said...

Love the wreath!!!
Janet Castle

Lee on 1:36 AM CDT said...

Oooooooooo!!! Donna!!! What gorgeous showcasing!!! I LOVE Melanie's charms!! Your wineglass card is sooo elegant!! And that Tee!!! Oh if only they made something like that IRL in my size!!!!!

Kurtis on 6:17 AM CDT said...

Your cards are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!

Cat Tidwell on 6:30 AM CDT said...

Oh you have so rocked this preview! I LOVE the coasters with matching card, how you did the wreath on the card is just awesome! And then the win glass...your coloring on the wine is awesome and love how you did the sentiment with the vellum! AND the Tee!! Love the paper piercing and the trim, just WOW!!

p.s. you forgot Johnny Depp, Sean Connery...haha!!
p.s.s. where did you get those acrylic coasters??

JessicaK on 9:02 AM CDT said...

Gorgeous coloring, Donna. I'm so loving the new set from Mel, and it's good to see it'll work with the tee's too.

Sankari W. on 9:35 AM CDT said...

This is sooo cute - love the wreath and the vellum is awesome!! You always knock me out with all your sweet little details!!! Beautiful Donna!!!

Justine on 12:43 PM CDT said...

So beautiful. Love the color combo too

Carolina on 12:45 PM CDT said...

Stunning my dear friend! I just knew you were going to make the amazing projects regardless of how little time you had to pull all these together! I will try to make it to the release party tonight, if not I'll be back to check out your new projects!

Carolyn King on 1:59 PM CDT said...

what a gorgeous set! Love it! And I love the awesome cards with Mel's set. LOVIN that tee---too cute and clever!

Linsey R on 5:53 PM CDT said...

Oooooohhh myy gooodnesss!!! There's almost too much awesomee stuff going on, but not quite :) Your sneaks have me drooling all over my keyboard, so thanks a lot for that! lol, and even though I've been completely out of the loop forever and a day, I'm not gonna let that stop me from joining in the fun tonight! Thank you for sharing all of these beautiful works of art, Donna-and thank you for being a constant source of inspiration to me and so many others! luv ya babe xoxo

Jessie/knightrone on 12:08 AM CDT said...

Awesome work girl, as always!! It is so funny that you said that about getting better with age...my Mom and I were just talking about Mark Harmon from NCIS...he gets yummier the older he gets too, LOL!!

Rose Ann on 10:52 AM CDT said...

Everything looks so pretty, Donna!! You always do such amazing work!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Your samples are beautiful!

Post a Comment