Friday, March 6, 2009

TECC58: Sweet Spring Tree - Come Join the Birthday Bash!!


Thank God it's Cupcake Friday!!! I've needed this day for about a week & a half now - lol. I love Taylor's sketch this week as usual and decided to make something a little fun - stamp the tree from Branching Out, decorate it with spring ornaments and split the panels for the sketch. This card took an incredible amount of time to make (mainly because *Lee Murphy was over visiting & we were chatting a LOT so I took forever to organize my thoughts for the card!) I like how it turned out, though! Since I used so many elements from the Branching Out set & Coordinates, I decided to forego embellishments - but the bottom scallop designer paper in the Easter Key Ingredients is the perfect touch of non-embellishment embellishment, don't ya think??

Here is Taylor’s sketch so you can play along too!! You can be eligible to win Cupcake Sampler Honors & be featured on Taylor’s blog using the next Cupcake Friday Sketch! You’re not required to use cupcakes on your sketch, but if you got ‘em why not use ‘em?? You can create something other than a card but try to keep as close to the sketch as possible. If you’re uploading to Splitcoast, please use keyword TECC58. Leave a comment on Taylor’s post with a link to your blogpost or gallery link so she can check it out! You must have your creation uploaded by Monday, March 9 at 10:00 a.m. CST to be eligible for the featured cupcake sampler honors. Lastly, be sure to have FUN creating!

Be sure to check out the other Cupcake Crew’s Creations:

Taylor VanBruggen
Jackie Pedro
Jami Sibley
Lynn Mercurio
Monika Davis
Sherrie Siemens
Stephanie Hargis
Vicki Chrisman

Today’s Featured Cupcake Sampler is Broni Holcolme – Splashes of Watercolor with Broni

TAYLORED EXPRESSIONS BIRTHDAY BASH NEWS!!

Taylor is celebrating the First Birthday of the Taylored Expressions Store and she wants to invite you to the party! The festivities will last all weekend long with games and prizes on her blog!

There will be drawings for Party Favor Packages for three days - Friday (today), Saturday and Sunday, with a different package given away each day. PLUS on Monday there will be a Sweepstakes Grand Prize winner drawn from all the orders placed at the Taylored Expressions Store from Thursday through Sunday. Be sure to visit Taylor’s blog to get all the details and to join in on the FUN!

*I sure enjoyed having Lee, her DH James & son Cody visit us for the evening - it was a great time! I'll have to share more soon!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

Pin It

21 comments on "TECC58: Sweet Spring Tree - Come Join the Birthday Bash!!"

Anonymous said...

Donna, this is adorable! I love the glittery clouds and how you popped up the spring "decorations". TOO cute! Thanks for your extra sweet comment on my card!

Sherrie on 10:36 AM CST said...

Darling images....love how you sanded all the edges...a perfect touch!

Denise Marzec on 10:37 AM CST said...

Adorable!! I especially love how the tree is in the background and how you brought the birdhouse to the front.

Stephanie Hargis on 10:41 AM CST said...

This is so adorable Donna! I love that tree and can't wait to get my hands on this set! :D I hope you have a great weekend girl!

((hugs))

Taylor on 11:03 AM CST said...

Super cute, Donna! I love how you cut apart the image panel! And I love the summery "lanterns". I saw them as Christmas ornaments, but I love your take on it!

Jami on 11:20 AM CST said...

Oh my goodness - I love the fantasy feeling of this card! Spring ornaments - how FUN!

Lynn Mercurio on 11:26 AM CST said...

Oh Donna, this is soooo cute. Love how the birdhouse is on the outside of your frame...perfect.

Monika/Buzsy on 12:10 PM CST said...

What a great card Donna! Love that new tree image and the great colors. TFS!

Anonymous said...

I love this card. You outdid yourself. You are a great visionary.

Rose Ann on 5:57 PM CST said...

I love what you've done with the sketch, Donna!! Such a pretty scene...and I love the colors too!!

Kristine on 6:15 PM CST said...

So adorable!! LOVE that stamp set with this sketch Donna. Isn't creating so much fun when you just LOVE the stamps?!! ☺

Jessie/knightrone on 7:07 PM CST said...

This is so sweet and pretty Donna, I love it!!

Mary Leeson on 9:32 PM CST said...

Totally cute...especially the teeny birdhouse...how precious! StampTV blog surfing...hello! Bless~

Vicki Chrisman on 1:45 AM CST said...

Oh Donna that card is just adorable!!

Terri Trotter Earley on 10:03 AM CST said...

I really like how you popped up the birdhouse.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Anonymous said...

Great card Donna. Love the whole thing.
Hugs
Heather

Liz S. on 11:20 PM CST said...

Just adding my "ditto" to all who are so appropriately swooning over this card!!

Okay, going back to look at it some more!

:)

Beth aka BR-T on 1:34 AM CDT said...

This card is fantabulouse! My jaw is on the floor!

Courtney Baker on 8:11 AM CDT said...

Love that tree! Really cute.

Lee on 6:06 PM CDT said...

I sure LOVED watching the genius create in person!!! You are amazing!! And as fabulous a friend as a designer too!! We absolutely had a woderful time and hope we don't have to wait too long for another IRL visit!!! I'm gonna play in this sketch, it is so cool!!!

Anonymous said...

This is a great card and you have alot of really really awesome creations!

Post a Comment