Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Happy for a Cupcake Tee


happiness cupcake

I don’t know about you, but I love me a good cupcake! I combined Melanie’s Little Tees and cupcake charm from A Charmed Life to make a delicious tee {that I wish I had IRL!} and paired it with squares of DCWV Sweet Stack!!

Speaking of real life – a few weeks ago, the sweet & lovely Luvlee aka Lee Murphy came to town to meet us local Gina K gals-Melanie, Carolyn and me. In addition to that, Paula (Mrslaird) was visiting from Houston to meet with us too! How fun! We went to an awesome burger joint called Phil’s Ice House that is just tasty where you can get sweet potato fries with regular ones or by themselves and I adore sweet potato fries (Carolyn even tried them but wasn’t that much of a fan)!! Afterward, we walked up to ‘Hey Cupcake’ a local cupcake shop! It was my 2nd time trying it and my choice of cupcake (chocolate on chocolate with a shot of real whipped cream inside-moist & sweet) was 3 times better than the first time I tried one (black velvet with white icing-dry & less than desirable).

cupcakegirls

Here’s a picture of us all (from left to right – Paula, Carolyn, Melanie, her cute boy William, me and Lee). Lee is so sweet; SHE was the one who came to visit & gave US all stamped/homemade goodies – a treat box filled with chocolates, a large chocolate bar & homemade choke berry jelly which is YUMMY!!! Thank you, Lee – she is so generous!!!

We had a lovely afternoon but I had to jet & get back to work – boo-but a few days later—Lee, her DH and DS hung out with us for dinner. I’ll save sharing that fun with you for another time (every good story ends with a cliffhanger *wink*)

Pin It

8 comments on "Happy for a Cupcake Tee"

Denise Marzec on 12:12 PM CDT said...

Totally adorable card and what a great pic of all your ladies. Meet ups are the best!

jacque4u2c on 1:09 PM CDT said...

Totally adorable card and what an awesome picture! You can just feel the oozing of cupcake happiness! ;o)

Jane Izumi Matsumoto on 4:39 PM CDT said...

How absolutely wonderful that you all got together! 'Hey, Cupcake'... what a cute name for a cupcake shop! Love that picture of you all! That card is as sweet as can be!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 6:26 PM CDT said...

Adorable card, Donna and what a SWEET picture of all of you! You all look so happy! :)

JenMarie on 6:57 PM CDT said...

What an amazing group of stampers there!!
YUMMY card!!

Jessie/knightrone on 10:56 PM CDT said...

Cute card, love it! Looks like you girls had fun!!

Lee on 12:33 AM CDT said...

Caaauuuuuteness!!! And I just smile EVERY time I think of our Austin trip!!! I sure hope to come back again sometime!!!

Carolina on 2:02 AM CDT said...

Ahhhh - love how you combined the sets to make this adorable card! The photo is wonderful, so excited you all got together for a fun evening...so wished I could have been there!

Post a Comment