Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Gina K Sneak Peek Day 2: Zoo Animals


Here is a fun new set illustrated by Asela Hopkins called Zoo Animals. This little panda reminds me of Kung Fu Panda, which is a really cute movie {we saw it for my birthday last year} I just love Jack Black, so I wanted to use this Panda first!

Over the weekend, we discovered a great candy store in town (not sure how we've managed to miss it all this time or how long it's been there but it's called Big Top Candy Shop & Soda Fountain {I didn't bring my camera but if you click on the link you can see some photos posted on the web} and has a TON of candies from the old fashioned, vintage to unique and everything in between. One thing that caught my eye they serve there is chocolate covered bacon, ha! It was definitely an experience! I picked up some cola panda gummies to make a fun treat & matching 3-inch card. I basically made an acetate box but instead of making the whole box acetate, I made it with Gina's new Black Onyz base weight cardstock which truly is the thickest cardstock I've ever seen so it is ultra sturdy! I cut out a rectangle window for the candy to peek through & decided to perch the panda in the corner on the box & card - cute! The black & white pattern paper is from the Ebony & Alabaster paper pack.

Check out what awesome creations the design team have to share with you today & don't forget to come to the *release party* on Thursday night!

Gina Krupsky

Carolyn King

Erika Martin

Jessica Fick

Joanne Basile

Kurtis Amundson

Melanie Muenchinger

Theresa Momber

Sharri Seffens – In the Spotlight Designer

*RELEASE PARTY INFO* - join us this Thursday evening 7:00 - 10:00 p.m. CST in the Gina K Forum on SCS for great chat, samples, contests and challenges!

Pin It

17 comments on "Gina K Sneak Peek Day 2: Zoo Animals"

Carolyn King on 12:03 AM CDT said...

Totally adorable Donna--love the box and matching card!

Diane on 4:06 AM CDT said...

Cute little guys...love your projects!

Theresa Momber on 6:25 AM CDT said...

Super cute, Donna! I love the stamped footprints.

Cat Tidwell on 6:26 AM CDT said...

Oh this is so adorable Donna! Love your box and matching card, just too stinking cute! And the saying, how sweet is that?

umm chocolate covered bacon? I do love chocolate...but I dont think so, lol! did you try it?

Kurtis on 6:51 AM CDT said...

He's just adorable! And I like all of his little white footprints!

buggin2stamp on 6:53 AM CDT said...

Very cute Donna. I love that little box and the card is adorable.

Sharri on 6:54 AM CDT said...

Very cute card! I love the box!

Melanie on 7:53 AM CDT said...

you didn't know about Big Top? I go there all the time, took lee last week! the panda in the box is adorable, way to go!

Gabriela on 8:11 AM CDT said...

I adore Asela's illustrations and designs! You've showcased her newest release superbly well.

Jessie/knightrone on 8:57 AM CDT said...

This is TOTALLY adorable!! Love those pandas!!

Cindy Lawrence on 9:10 AM CDT said...

Oh Donna, this is just THE CUTEST set EVAH!!! What a fabulous job you've done! :)

JessicaK on 10:34 AM CDT said...

Awwwww, so adorable. And what a great gift set. Love how the one panda is kinda listing to the left, like he's coming down from a chocolate high already :)

Tracey on 10:46 AM CDT said...

This is fantastic Donna! Looks like an adorable set!!

Rose Ann on 11:35 AM CDT said...

I love your little panda ensemble, Donna!! Fantastic peek!!

Anonymous said...

Oooooo, I love the Panda! How cute is this set! Thanks for the sneak peek! Mary G

Tamara on 8:59 PM CDT said...

I love this box. It's a great way to present some fabulous candy!

Carolina on 12:46 PM CDT said...

Eek - LOVE this! What a fun treat box and card...I just love your complimentary sets.

Post a Comment