Thursday, March 26, 2009

StampTV sketch Challenge: Heart Balloons & Baja Blooms


STVSC4 birthday balloons

I made this card to send to Asela for her birthday, using her set, Warm & Fuzzy-it was for Kurtis’ sketch from last week (I ended up liking the sketch so much since it was clean & simple it was easy to make 3 cards using it!  I love these little heart balloons which were colored with peerless watercolors. 

Have you checked out StampTV with Gina K. Designs yet?  Did you know we have 6 different challenges hosted by Gina K. and members of the design team??

Here is a list of challenges for your reference:

Monthly – 3D projects hosted by me
Monday – Color
Tuesday – Scrapbook
Wednesday – Technique *(includes video from Gina K)*
Thursday – Sketch (every 3rd week I host this challenge)
Friday – Potluck

You have a week to complete all the daily challenges-when the new challenge is posted the host of the previous week's challenge randomnly selects one winner who gets a Gina K. stamp set of their choice valued at $24.95 or less!! If you use Gina K's stamps in your challenge you get your name entered twice!

STVSC5 flowers

Here is a card I made this evening using Jessica’s sketch {STVSC5} using Melanie’s A Year of Flowers.  Since I stamped & colored on kraft cardstock with my bleach technique the other day, I had in my mind to do it again {not the bleach though}.  I almost made it with this week’s SCS color challenge but it would have involved adding Pretty in Pink cardstock and it just looked wrong to me.  I saw a lot of pretty cards using it but it just wasn’t going to work with my idea.  I used my coluzzle to cut the circle around my blooms.  They are colored with Baja Breeze ink and white highlights were made using a white prismacolor pencil.  I really like how they turned out!  I thought the finishing touch of the pearl flower centers was just what my card needed.  I love this card and a greeting will go inside, sometimes I just need my image to take center stage on the front and it’s o.k.

Pin It

5 comments on "StampTV sketch Challenge: Heart Balloons & Baja Blooms"

Denise Marzec on 5:32 AM CDT said...

Oh my goodness, both of these are BEAUTIFUL!! Love the one-layer card and the fun colors/images on it. The floral card with the white accents and embossing in the background is just stunning!

Barbara Schram on 6:29 AM CDT said...

Very nice, Donna! LOVE the balloons...and your floral card is gorgeous! Hope you are doing well and have a great weekend!

Rose Ann on 9:48 AM CDT said...

I love your sweet balloons for Asela, and your floral card is GORGEOUS, Donna!! Fantastic cards, girl!!

Melanie on 10:27 AM CDT said...

ooh pretty, the flowers look so different with these colors, technique!

Anonymous said...

absolutely precious! both of them!

Post a Comment