Saturday, August 30, 2008

Combined Beate Challenges: WSC55 & BIC20 - For You





Here is my card combining Beate's Be Inspired Challenge 20 (BIC20) and her Weekend Sketch Challenge (WSC55); t just made sense to combine the 2 since I am limited on time due to some really important projects I'm working on which I will begin to share the end of next week *wink*
I took the inspiration piece literally (that was fun) by swiping my sponge dauber in Riding Hood Red ink in stripes on the cardstock and to re-create the notches on the more mustard mat behind the floral piece {used Heartfelt Thanks} I used my 1/8" hole punch. Since I didn't want to make a really long card (still having problems with those) I decided to start with a standard card & sliced off the bottom to measure 3 1/2 x 5 1/2. Now this card still fits in a standard envelope. It's really a fun looking card being that size and I like how it turned out.
I hope y'all have a great 3-day weekend, we're off to do some long overdue grocery shopping - I've managed to elude making a real dinner all week (nice break) but it's because we were piece-mealing stuff with the slim pickins.
Want to hear something cute that my niece said earlier this week? Her mommy caught her talking to herself the day after I told her I was coming for a visit and she said. "Auntie's coming to visit me, yeah" - isn't that cute? Just makes me grin from ear to ear!!!
Pin It

8 comments on "Combined Beate Challenges: WSC55 & BIC20 - For You"

Anonymous said...

I only need one word to describe your card! Gorgeous! I love it!
Cool how you combined both challenges. Thanks for playing!
Have a great weekend
Hugs and smiles

Barbara Schram on 11:28 AM CDT said...

This is spectacular, Donna! Love the effect of swiping ink with the dauber! The dauber is one of my fav tools, I will definitely have to try this! Just stunning!

Cat Tidwell on 12:10 PM CDT said...

I agree, GAHHHgeous card Donna! How neat the way you made it look just like the inspiration piece!

Angie Tieman on 12:27 PM CDT said...

Very pretty! Love how you did that background!! Great card showcasing both challenges!

Rose Ann on 5:46 PM CDT said...

This is so gorgeous, Donna!! I love how you've combined the challenges, and your background is perfect with your 'daubing' (I will have to remember that one). ;)

That is so cute how Gabby was talking about you coming for a visit!!

Jessie/knightrone on 10:44 PM CDT said...

How sweet!!! Beautiful card, and your niece is just precious!!

Carolina on 2:40 AM CDT said...

What a stunning card Donna!!! And I so match Gabby's excitement - eek, can't wait!!!

Marilyn on 7:38 AM CDT said...

Amazing color combos Donna - HOW do you do it? These cards are stunning and I love the daubing technique too!! I just love to hear updates about little Gabby!! She is so precious, and how awesome that even as far away as you are from each other that you have this special bond!!

Post a Comment