Sunday, August 3, 2008

TECC27: Hey Cupcake


It was a HAPPY MAIL day for me the other day - I got new Starving Artistamps, a $50 product order of SU! from my upline for winning her monthly contest and this awesome card from Taylor Van Bruggen! It is such a WOW card - DH even liked the graduated rhinestone brads. I love the colors. She sent this as a Thank You for being her Cupcake Challenge Featured Sampler a few weeks ago with some yummy ribbon I used on my card for this week's [below] Thanks, Taylor!! It has cupcake honors being prominently displayed on my cupcake stand on my desk!


Below is my card for Taylor's Cupcake Challenge [TECC27] this week. What fun that Charmaine-Oodabug Alley is her Featured Sampler - a dear blogging friend & fellow Prettie girl. I just LOVE Charmaine & all her great creations! She made not one but two cards for this week! Wow-and they are both adorable!
Here is my little goodie I got from Taylor in my card - this cupcake ribbon - isn't it just delicious?? So I took my inspiration from it for my colors: Cool Caribbean, Rose Red & Chocolate Chip. I decided to mimic the cupcakes on the ribbon for my focal image & dared not color so I didn't make the card too busy. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out and decided to use my sentiment, 'hey cupake' on the cool caribbean background piece. Stamps are by Stampendous exclusively for Eclectic Paperie Hey There Cupcake! I adore this set -there are so many cupcake options!!

Pin It

17 comments on "TECC27: Hey Cupcake"

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 10:06 AM CDT said...

Your card is adorable, Donna! That ribbon IS yummy! What a beautiful card from Taylor too! I ALWAYS love your creations. . .they are ALWAYS top notch! :)

Jessie/knightrone on 10:23 AM CDT said...

Your card is so yummy Donna!! I love the ribbon she sent you and the colors!!! Super cute RAK too, sounds like you had a fabulous mail day!!

Catherine on 12:50 PM CDT said...

One of my goals...to win one of her TECC to get a card from her...LOL! love your card as always and that ribbon...way too cute!

Lee on 1:45 PM CDT said...

OH how fun!!! You deserve a happy and fun mailbox!!! And OH YUMMMY!!! I love your card with that adorable cupcake ribbon!!! Love those colors!!!

Melanie on 4:42 PM CDT said...

how adorable!! I STILL haven't used mine!!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte on 11:50 PM CDT said...

Sweet creation....Love it!!!!

Ila on 12:32 AM CDT said...

Wow!! Fabulous and so yummy!! I love your cupcake card!!

Christi Flores on 9:18 AM CDT said...

What an adorable RAK and yummy card from you girlie!! I haven't tried this sketch yet but I just got the cupcake set from Inque and I just have to play!!

Joy on 12:56 PM CDT said...

Cute! Cute!!! CUTE!!!! :)

Unknown on 8:03 PM CDT said...

Donna your cupcake card is just wonderful! I love that set - so neat! :)

Angie Tieman on 1:43 AM CDT said...

Oooh, love your cupcake card with that yummy ribbon! What a nice mail day, you lucky girl!!

Pamela Smerker on 9:29 AM CDT said...

WOW that cupcake card looks good enough to eat. YUMMY! Dang and you got a Taylor origional...lucky girl.

Linsey R on 4:19 PM CDT said...

Your cupcake card is delish! Not too busy at all--in fact, that sweet ribbon is my favorite part of the card! Love this sketch--never tried on of Taylor's challenges--I know, right! Well, thanks for sharing and always inspiring, buddy!

Linsey R on 4:20 PM CDT said...

Your cupcake card is delish! Not too busy at all--in fact, that sweet ribbon is my favorite part of the card! Love this sketch--never tried on of Taylor's challenges--I know, right! Well, thanks for sharing and always inspiring, buddy!

Carolina on 7:26 PM CDT said...

Oh I love this set too! I surely don't use it enough. The card came out adorable and must have that ribbon - yummo!

Kathryn on 12:33 PM CDT said...

Your cupcake card is too cute!
Love the colors and the ribbon, so sweet!!

Rose Ann on 3:50 PM CDT said...

Great mail day indeed!! I LOVE your awesome cupcake card, Donna!! Sooo cute, and so yummy!! Your shadowing looks perfect, and I love your ribbon too!!

Post a Comment