Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Prettie Weds Multiple Embellishments Challenge!


A few weeks ago, Jessie - the embellishment queen (brads, hodgepodge, trios of ribbon-on the same card!) issued a challenge to the Paper Pretties gals to use 3 or more embellishments on our cards. So here it is! I used Paper Pretties set One of Those Days and prettied it up. If we count how many embellishments (3 types and 9 total!!) How'd I do, Jessie!?!

I made my own patterned buttons (faux epoxy from my tutorial a few weeks back) and wonder how I got a whole egg when the set is only 1/2 the shell? Here is a step-by-step to show you!


first I paper-pieced the 1/2 egg shell from the set.

Then I traced the outline of the 1/2 egg sheel so the right side will be a perfect fit.


and then made sure it looked like the perfect fit. Voila! A whole egg shell. I am going to send this card to Danielle Fat Cat Stamper - as yesterday was her birthday!
I know it's not really a birthday card but I'm sure she will still like it!

Pin It

13 comments on "Prettie Weds Multiple Embellishments Challenge!"

catdidit on 10:07 AM CDT said...

OMG! LOVe this card! How cute is this??! The egg, what a neat idea and thank you for sharing that Donna! Love those buttons too, another awesome idea!

Jessie/knightrone on 10:50 AM CDT said...

This is fantastic!!!!I love your embellishments and how you did the other half of the egg...brilliant!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 11:05 AM CDT said...

This is just adorable, Donna! LOVE those colors!

Jackie Pedro on 12:24 PM CDT said...

Wow! This is fantastic, Donna! Love the tutorial!!!

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl on 12:27 PM CDT said...

No way! You used WAAAAAAY more embellies than required! You should TOTALLY get extra points!!
LOVE how you did the egg shell!! Smart girl you!!!

Christi on 12:50 PM CDT said...

I LOVE how you did the egg shell!! This is so sweet!!!

Julia Aston on 2:16 PM CDT said...

The answer to the question on this card is 'YES'! how fun is this image - and I love how you figured out making the whole egg - thanks for sharing that trick!

Angie Tieman on 2:22 PM CDT said...

HOw cute is that egg!! Love it! YOur satin bow and buttons are gorgeous too!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) on 2:56 PM CDT said...

Heeeee..........so TWEEEEEEEEEEET!!! LOL I'm lovin' that blue stripey-ness! I make up words when I need to! ;) This little chick is so cute and the buttons are fabulous! I need to go reread that tutorial and make some of those!!!

Julie Masse on 3:49 PM CDT said...

So great Donna!!! Thanks for sharing the "rest of the egg"! :) What a great idea - I'll be using that for sure!! :)

Catherine on 4:52 PM CDT said...

pretty cool, Donna. YOU DID IT AGAIN! love all the details on this card =)

jenstamps on 6:05 PM CDT said...

What a great idea for the full egg! Adorable card!!!

Rose Ann on 1:08 PM CDT said...

This is soooo cute, Donna!! Thanks for all of the details! I love the colors, "buttons", and pretty ribbon too!! Fantastic!!

Post a Comment