Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Prettie Weds Multiple Embellishments Challenge!


A few weeks ago, Jessie - the embellishment queen (brads, hodgepodge, trios of ribbon-on the same card!) issued a challenge to the Paper Pretties gals to use 3 or more embellishments on our cards. So here it is! I used Paper Pretties set One of Those Days and prettied it up. If we count how many embellishments (3 types and 9 total!!) How'd I do, Jessie!?!

I made my own patterned buttons (faux epoxy from my tutorial a few weeks back) and wonder how I got a whole egg when the set is only 1/2 the shell? Here is a step-by-step to show you!


first I paper-pieced the 1/2 egg shell from the set.

Then I traced the outline of the 1/2 egg sheel so the right side will be a perfect fit.


and then made sure it looked like the perfect fit. Voila! A whole egg shell. I am going to send this card to Danielle Fat Cat Stamper - as yesterday was her birthday!
I know it's not really a birthday card but I'm sure she will still like it!

Pin It

13 comments on "Prettie Weds Multiple Embellishments Challenge!"

Cat Tidwell on 10:07 AM CDT said...

OMG! LOVe this card! How cute is this??! The egg, what a neat idea and thank you for sharing that Donna! Love those buttons too, another awesome idea!

Jessie/knightrone on 10:50 AM CDT said...

This is fantastic!!!!I love your embellishments and how you did the other half of the egg...brilliant!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 11:05 AM CDT said...

This is just adorable, Donna! LOVE those colors!

Jackie Pedro on 12:24 PM CDT said...

Wow! This is fantastic, Donna! Love the tutorial!!!

Jodi Collins on 12:27 PM CDT said...

No way! You used WAAAAAAY more embellies than required! You should TOTALLY get extra points!!
LOVE how you did the egg shell!! Smart girl you!!!

Christi Flores on 12:50 PM CDT said...

I LOVE how you did the egg shell!! This is so sweet!!!

Julia Aston on 2:16 PM CDT said...

The answer to the question on this card is 'YES'! how fun is this image - and I love how you figured out making the whole egg - thanks for sharing that trick!

Angie Tieman on 2:22 PM CDT said...

HOw cute is that egg!! Love it! YOur satin bow and buttons are gorgeous too!

Lee on 2:56 PM CDT said...

Heeeee..........so TWEEEEEEEEEEET!!! LOL I'm lovin' that blue stripey-ness! I make up words when I need to! ;) This little chick is so cute and the buttons are fabulous! I need to go reread that tutorial and make some of those!!!

Unknown on 3:49 PM CDT said...

So great Donna!!! Thanks for sharing the "rest of the egg"! :) What a great idea - I'll be using that for sure!! :)

Catherine on 4:52 PM CDT said...

pretty cool, Donna. YOU DID IT AGAIN! love all the details on this card =)

Anonymous said...

What a great idea for the full egg! Adorable card!!!

Rose Ann on 1:08 PM CDT said...

This is soooo cute, Donna!! Thanks for all of the details! I love the colors, "buttons", and pretty ribbon too!! Fantastic!!

Post a Comment