Friday, August 8, 2008

Simple Happy Birthday


It's a stretch for me, but I like the simplicity 2-step or solid images lend to card-making but my desire will be for line art images 9 times out of 10. I really like Stampin' Up!'s new Wow Flowers set (which will be available to purchase beginning next Tuesday, yea!) I love that it comes with 2 greetings in the set, Thank You & Happy Birthday - sure makes the set more versatile. I used it here with 2 of the New In Colors - Pink Pirouette & Riding Hood Red - love them paired with Chocolate Chip! This is the first time I made a flower out of the scallop punch by cutting slits between the scallops. How fun! Now that I look at this card again, I could have made the bottom of it stand out more by placing a pink/red scallop border at the bottom of the front of the card or perhaps rounding the corners.
Pin It

20 comments on "Simple Happy Birthday"

Cat Tidwell on 8:22 AM CDT said...

This looks fantastic to me! I like simple too, but when I do them I feel like my cards are nakkid, rofl.

Jessie/knightrone on 10:36 AM CDT said...

I love it!!! The colors are fabulous!!

Vanessa on 10:37 AM CDT said...

I love the simplicity of this card. Thanks for reminding me about making the scallop a flower. I learned that at the Arlington swap.

Angie Tieman on 10:40 AM CDT said...

Very cute! Love the color combo! So glad you got this new set, can't wait to see more!

Alex on 11:04 AM CDT said...

I love this Donna, this set is wonderful and what you did with it is gorgeous - anyone would be happy to get this for their birthday - just fabulous, my friend!! Have a great weekend! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas on 11:19 AM CDT said...

Nice design! Love how you placed the sentiment..

Ila on 11:48 AM CDT said...

This is just Fabulous!! It may be simple...but it sure doesn't look it!! I love the the way you dressed the sentiment...and that it is a kickstand card!!...Hugs, Ila

Julia Aston on 11:50 AM CDT said...

Love your stamped bg and your 'flower' scalloped circle! pretty card Donna!

Christi Flores on 12:25 PM CDT said...

I love this!! Such a clean layout and I love those colors!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, love it :)

Marlene x

Annapurna on 12:35 PM CDT said...

I noticed you had a new pic and stopped by to say it looks nice. It has been a while and I forgot if this is old or new, but I love your background image.

btw, the card is lovely. I am guessing you like coloring in the images yourself.

My Paper World on 4:46 PM CDT said...

Ooooooh! That's gorgeous! I love the colours!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!!! This would even be fantastic back ground paper for some cute images on top!

Barbara Schram on 6:06 PM CDT said...

Love your new picture Donna! And I love this card! Terrific colors and design.

Kristine on 7:26 PM CDT said...

Cute card Donna! =) And I like your new avatar...soo pretty!

Jackie Pedro on 12:26 AM CDT said...

This is really pretty, Donna. I love the Pink Pirouette and Riding Hood Red paired with Chocolate.

Lee on 2:10 PM CDT said...

Oh so pretty!!! And the new in colors are growing on me............well, of course I KNOW I'll love the Pink!!!! LOL The flower punch medallion is wonderful!!!

Marlene Lo on 10:48 AM CDT said...

Wow, I like the idea of creating the pattern (paper) using stamps. I am not good in that. I love your colour combination! Simple and nice!

Rose Ann on 3:32 PM CDT said...

This is so pretty, Donna!! I love the colors and card style!!

Carolina on 9:43 PM CDT said...

Just darlin' my dear friend! The color combo and the simplicity is just perfect!

Post a Comment