Friday, August 22, 2008

TECC30: Bright Birthday Monkey



Here is my card for Taylor's Cupcake Challenge Friday (TECC30) I can hardly believe I made it & posted it the same day! That's the beauty of my schedule on Fridays (every 5th one I work 1:00-5:00) so this morning I got slept in until 8:00, got 4 loads of laundry done, ate breakfast, made 2 cards, AND talked to my bf & my oldest sister! That's quite a good start to my day! This card is also for the Stamp Something challenge (anything birthday) so there you go!

I used my Basic Grey Cupcake 6 x 6 paper pad (LOVE it) to make this birthday monkey so bright!! I paper-pieced his hat & cupcake with the papers too. The brads are the cupcake brads by Basic Grey too - and just realized the green ones are a PERFECT match for Kiwi Kiss c/s that's why I threw it in there! Those brads are a lot of fun because they come in an assortment of colors AND sizes to match the paper. So smart of them!! I wish SU! would do that-guess I better make the suggestion-brads are one of my favorite embellishments!

Hope you have a fabulous weekend!
Pin It

26 comments on "TECC30: Bright Birthday Monkey"

Theresa Momber on 3:28 PM CDT said...

Cute, cute card. You colored the monkey beautifully.

Cat Tidwell on 4:44 PM CDT said...

Oooooo, the monkey looks GOOD in bright colors! This is the best one I've seen I think! (I'm one of the not a sock monkey fan, lol!) LOVE it! Is that little punched circles under your brads? Too cute!

Maria Matter on 4:49 PM CDT said...

What a fabulous card! I love your sock money and your bright colors!
Great combined challenge!
Blessings, Maria

Rose Ann on 5:02 PM CDT said...

What a fun layout, and I love your cute sock monkey!! Pretty papers too!!

Taylor on 6:25 PM CDT said...

This is so cute, Donna! I love how you pieced the cupcake and the party hat!

jonisart on 7:06 PM CDT said...

I'd say you had a productive morning!:-) Great card, love the sketch, I hope I'll have time to try it!

Unknown on 8:15 PM CDT said...

Very cute card - that monkey is a cutie! :)

Barbara Schram on 8:26 PM CDT said...

What fun! I love the papers and think this is the cutest sock monkey ever!

Maya on 9:11 PM CDT said...

So sweet monkey!
Love the colours you have used :)

Hugs from Maya

Jami on 10:44 PM CDT said...

This little monkey looks fabulous with those colors and papers!! AWesome card!

Christi Flores on 10:46 PM CDT said...

This is adorable!! I love the colors!!

Pat's little corner of the world on 11:40 PM CDT said...

So cute...Love the bright colors and the background paper..Very nice

Jessie/knightrone on 12:19 AM CDT said...

This is so super cute!! Love it!!

Carolina on 2:33 AM CDT said...

Another adorable Sock Monkey card!!! I can't believe how much you got done in the morning...I'm lucky I can get dressed - LOL!

Erin... on 2:22 PM CDT said...

Beautifully done!! thanks for playing!

Joanna on 3:30 PM CDT said...

LOL this is to cute :)

Great card and great colors.

Hugs from Joanna

mousekemom on 7:28 PM CDT said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing.

April

Rachel Hope on 11:37 PM CDT said...

So cute!!!

Melanie on 11:30 AM CDT said...

too cute, love this print and colors with the monkey!

Lee on 3:06 PM CDT said...

Ohhhh......I just got a few of these images and he cracks me up!! He's just made for the Cupcake paper!! Aren't the Basic Grey matching dp and embellies just addictive??!! LOL

Kathryn on 6:34 PM CDT said...

Very cute!
Love the sock monkey-he's adorable! :)

Lindsay on 7:25 PM CDT said...

Super cute!

Unknown on 10:57 AM CDT said...

a very nice card.. so beautiful

Sankari W. on 10:12 PM CDT said...

that is such a fun card!!! LOVE that set!! And your beautifully fun colors!!!! And I am so impressed by everything that you got done in the morning! I wish I could get 1/2 that done in a day :)

Anonymous said...

What a darling card!! Love your monkey!! :) Thanks for playing!!

Mrs Wonka on 4:27 AM CDT said...

I love this card, it is simply striking

Post a Comment