Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Double Paper Pretties Challenges!


Jodi has challenged the Prettie Girls to make a 3 x 3 card because she loves them! This was easy, I do too - although I don't make them that often. I used the Paper Pretties Stamp of the Month Falling For You Sophia. Isn't she precious watching the leaves shes raking fall around her? I wanted to focus on her so that is why I created the window for her to peek through. I used my Basic Grey Mellow dp and Mellow Moss taffeta ribbon and of course SU!'s brand spankin' new scallop edge punch-now it makes it a cinch! Do you realize the New Catalog will be here soon (well to those of us not fortunate to have gone to the convention) and we will be able to order from it beginning August 11 - that's just one more week! woohoo! I'm going to send this little card on to Jodi since she loves 3 x 3 cards so much.

Be sure to check out what the other Prettie Girls made:
Christie
Charmaine
Danielle
Jackie
Jackie P
Jessie
Jana
Julie
Colleen
Joni(our illustrator) Be sure to check out her new blog!

Here is a card for Danielle's Weekly Challenge PWC14: Going Dotty For You. Use polka dots on your project. Coincidentally, I made this card a few weeks ago for the SCS sketch challenge [SC186] and had not uploaded it. How awesome that it met Danielle's FUTURE challenge, huh? If you'd like to play along for a little prize, be sure to upoad your project by Thursday in the Paper Pretties gallery and include PWC14 as your keyword. I used the new Beach Bum set with little Cooper and kept him real simple.

Prettie News:
You can get Falling For You Sophia a month before she's released to the public if you sign up for the SOTM club by Aug 31 11:59 pm CST.

Colleen, our resident scrapbooking Prettie Girl has started a scrapbook challenge in the forums! This week it is to:
create a scrapbooking layout using photo blocks
the layout can be put on any size page...8 1/2 x 11, 6 x 6, 8 x 8, 12 x 12
it can be one page or two
don't be afraid to use photos from many different dates or occasions, but across a common theme
don't forget to include your Paper Pretties stamps!
Use keyword PSC1
Pin It

19 comments on "Double Paper Pretties Challenges!"

Jana Weaver on 8:06 AM CDT said...

Donna, both cards are beautiful, but I LOVE your Sophia card!! That paper is gorgeous...and she just looks perfect there!! Wonderful job!!

Unknown on 8:31 AM CDT said...

Beautiful cards Donna!! LOVE your Sophia card - love the window!! :)

Alex on 10:49 AM CDT said...

These are both wonderful cards Donna - that first one is GORGEOUS, love the colors! And, the second one is pure fun, how adorable is he??!! Love them both! And, thanks for such wonderful happy mail - you made my day!! Smooches to you, my friend!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

jonisart on 11:35 AM CDT said...

Both of your cards are adorable, but that Sophia? It's so precious I really don't even know what to say! I love everything about it!

Christi Flores on 11:48 AM CDT said...

Donna, both of your cards are too cute!!!

Angie Tieman on 12:06 PM CDT said...

CUte cards! Love how you designed that first one with the circle opening and image behind it! That paper is fab too, still have some hoarded away in my stash!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 12:46 PM CDT said...

Both of these are just adorable, Donna! So, so cute!

Anonymous said...

Your little 3x3 card is just perfect!!! Everything matches so nicely!!!

And the summer card is just too cute!!! I love this little guy all ready to jump in the pool!

Carolyn King on 3:07 PM CDT said...

GREAT job on both these---what adorable images and i love the way you framed the girl! Adorable!

Carolina on 3:22 PM CDT said...

Both cards are so adorable Donna! I thought you meant you had combined two challenges, but no, you made two cards...so cool! I'm still trying to catch up and combined two into one - LOL!

Love what you're doing with Falling for You Sophia...hope to create something with her soon!

Lee on 3:28 PM CDT said...

Oh that lil Sophia watching the falling leaves is just toooooo precious!! I love the sweet little card and dp!! And what an adorable little guy....such a fun, summery card! You're rockin' out so many different challenges! I'm gonna have to branch out from SCS!!!

expatmom (Colleen H.) on 4:52 PM CDT said...

Great job on your cards Donna. I love it when I can combine challenges...because I am generally behind on them! LOL! I love how you made the window for Sophia!

Rhonda Kelly on 6:44 PM CDT said...

Great job! I love these cards. Both of them are so cute. TFS

Jessie/knightrone on 10:23 PM CDT said...

Awesome cards Donna!!! I love the paper on the first one!! Thanks for being so fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

Well this is just completely CUTE! What a cutie! Way to go, Donna!

DoodleFactory on 3:31 PM CDT said...

Oh I love love love that background paper in the first card - it fits perfectly with your Sophia stamp.

Danielle L. on 7:44 PM CDT said...

Oh, I'm loving both of the cards. Great scallops on the first one - I am so addicted to them. :)

Jackie Pedro on 12:28 AM CDT said...

BOTH cards are terrific, Donna!

Rose Ann on 3:39 PM CDT said...

I love your adorable girl and that paper is so perfect for your design!! Your little swimmer boy is so very cute as well!!

Post a Comment