Friday, August 29, 2008

Sock Monkey Long Window




I totally love the sock monkey and am so excited my new SU! order came yesterday so now I will have more accessories for him!!

I decided more of his body needed to be peeking through a window instead of just his head like I shared on Weds. You can achieve a larger window quickly by punching several of your square punches along the side of your cardstock. I didn't do it perfectly so I distressed the edges with my tool and fixed it!

Don't you just love his Bella Rose paper-pieced body? Hope you have a fabulous day & long weekend - so ready for that - a chance to whittle down my To Do List and take some naps (I didn't get any last weekend!!!
Pin It

17 comments on "Sock Monkey Long Window"

Basement Stamper on 9:07 AM CDT said...

Very cute card!!! Love the long window!

Cat Tidwell on 11:19 AM CDT said...

OOoo! He does look good paper pieced! LOVE this! Too cute with the window!

Alex on 11:24 AM CDT said...

Totally adorable Donna, I love that long window and the paper piecing - too cute! Have fun with your new goodies! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Barbara Schram on 11:36 AM CDT said...

This is adorable, Donna! Love the window! The distressing is perfect! Looks like material.

Thanks again for the shout out for the Just Rite contest!

Monika/Buzsy on 11:43 AM CDT said...

You love your sock monkey Donna! I see you have made some super cute cards using him. :o) Love your coloring and the cute window... looks awesome! TFS!

Rose Ann on 12:57 PM CDT said...

This is so cute!! I love your paper-pieced sock monkey, and your window!!

Lesli on 1:08 PM CDT said...

How adorable is that!!! What a great stamp and card!

Melanie on 1:22 PM CDT said...

love that piecing it's so much more homemade-sock-monkey looking! :)

Catherine on 3:35 PM CDT said...

very cute, Donna!

Catherine on 3:35 PM CDT said...

very cute, Donna!

Kristie W. on 4:25 PM CDT said...

This is so cute! I love his paper pieced body and the long window is a neat idea!

Anonymous said...

Darling card, Donna. That paper is so cute pieced on the monkey!

Angie Tieman on 7:09 PM CDT said...

Fabulous card! Love him peeking out from that long window!

Marilyn on 3:05 PM CDT said...

Fabulous idea Donna!!! I love how you paper pierced the little fella - what a cutie he is!!

Kristine on 9:52 PM CDT said...

OK...I really didn't care for this monkey set, but YOU DID FABULOUS with it and now I wouldn't mind having it! I LOVE the paper piecing--it's sooo cute! =) Love how you made that window to reveal more of him inside. Awesome job!!

Jessie/knightrone on 10:46 PM CDT said...

Still hate the monkey, but this is super cute!!

Carolina on 2:38 AM CDT said...

Okay, you're making my monkey so lonely!!! I must ink him up soon. Love him paper pieced...just darlin'!!!

Post a Comment