Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Gabby is a Big Girl Now



When my niece Gabby [28 months] and I talked on the phone last week she had some big news to tell me - she had been going potty in the big potty for 7 DAYS! She even said that - 7 DAYS [and with just one accident]!! Now I'm sure for all you mommys out there, you realize how big of a deal it is. Well even though I'm not a mommy, this Auntie sure can recognize this as a big deal so I needed to commemorate this occasion with a surprise. Here is a card I am going to send her along with $1.00. The girl loves $ - when you ask her what she is saving her money for, she says college {since before she was 2 yrs old! Isn't that hilarious?}

I am reminded of a funny potty-training story, mine. My sisters are 4 and 5 yrs older than me and they wanted to take a more active role in teaching me how to go potty (giving our mom a break). Well in our bathroom (we only had 1), my sisters would sit on the edge of the bathtub encouraging me to potty. My mom said it was real cute, when I was done they would clap & be excited for me. Gabby's reward is chocolate, in addition to $ that's what she likes. She gets 3 chocolate chips when she goes #1 and 5 when she goes #2. So funny!

I used my All in the Family little girl as well as my JustRite Stampers small letters on wood stamp that you can get at Taylored Expressions. Since I was going to punch the sentiment, I decided to leave off the border stamp. I love the fact that I could make my own custom words for my card and it didn't take more than a few minutes to line up the letters.
Edited to Add:
Check out the Great contest going on for the next 4 weeks JustRite Stampin' Champion Contest if you have any of the JustRite products come play along - great prizes (I won a $5 gift certificte on Tuesday - woohoo)
Pin It

12 comments on "Gabby is a Big Girl Now"

Lee on 11:35 PM CDT said...

Awwwww..........Yaaaaaay for Gabby!!!!! :) Oh I remember using M&Ms for our kiddos, yep, it works!!!! LOL What a fun card and so special for her to have Auntie send it to her!

Angie Tieman on 11:58 PM CDT said...

Oh, how very cute and sweet! Great way to personalize it! Hmmmm, chocolate chips...maybe I'll start rewarding myself too! lol!

Stefanie on 7:04 AM CDT said...

Super cute card Donna! That is so cute that Gabby is saving for college already.

Barbara Schram on 9:05 AM CDT said...

SOOOO cute, Donna. Gabby will treasure this! How fun.

Cat Tidwell on 10:22 AM CDT said...

Oh how sweet! This is just a darling card, as is Gabby! Yep, she getting to be a big girl now!

Rose Ann on 4:59 PM CDT said...

This is the perfect card for big girl Gabby!! I love that little girl and your pretty ribbon!! Congrats to Gabby!!

Unknown on 8:03 PM CDT said...

What an adorable card - I'm sure she will be so excited to see her name on the card!! Cute Donna!! :)

debinicol on 9:38 PM CDT said...

Donna--love how the message is done on the white toilet with the red throw rug surrounding the bottom...ROFLO
Debi Nicol

Pamela Smerker on 10:36 PM CDT said...

This is so sweet! I can so relate too!! TFS

mel m. m. mccarthy on 1:42 AM CDT said...

Awwww! This is so sweeeeeet! Love the bright colours against the white. You ROCK. Congrats to Gabby (who must be a big girl indeed to be saving for college at her age, heeheehee!) :O)

Jessie/knightrone on 6:54 PM CDT said...

Way to go Gabby!!! That is so cute...love that she is saving for college!!

Carolina on 2:20 AM CDT said...

Woo hoo Gabby rocks!!! Gaven and her should meet - he was "awarded" with M&Ms and I have to tell him about her wonderful saving plan for college...such a smart girl.

Post a Comment