Saturday, August 23, 2008

WSC54: A True Friend


Yea! Beate is back with her Weekend Sketch Challenges - this one (WSC54) comes courtesy of Jenn and it's a fun one! She made it a square card, so I made it 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 which still fits in a standard-size envelope. It allows me to let elements of my card hang off the edge & still fit (the flower here). How precious is that image? It's Sarah Kay's Precious Moments you can get at Sweet & Sassy stamps (I got a few images from a blog friend to try them out). I just knew they would be fun to color and I had fun matching her outfit to my Basic Grey Sultry paper. The sentiment is from Cornish Heritage Farms, Friend Centers - isn't it sweet with this image?
Pin It

16 comments on "WSC54: A True Friend"

Angie Tieman on 9:39 AM CDT said...

Very pretty card!! I'm not crazy about that stamp, I'm having Holly Hobby flashbacks from my youth, but your colors and coloring are great! (Finally, I don't like one of your stamps for a change, hee! hee! I thought it would never happen!) BTW, your *long* comment for me yesterday cracked me up...and you sure had that bathing suit part right! *wink*

Christi Flores on 9:52 AM CDT said...

This card is gorgeous!!! Fantastic coloring and I love that dp!!

Cat Tidwell on 10:02 AM CDT said...

Ok, you so need to stop with these gorgeous images! LOL! Maybe if you made an ugly card....hahaha! I wouldnt be so tempted to buy buy buy! haha! LOVE it, its colored so fantastic, and wonderful layout with the flower!

Alex on 11:01 AM CDT said...

Holy Moly, this is GORGEOUS, girl!! Love the coloring, and I am so very glad you got these images, since I know you wanted them - you did them justice, my friend - it's totally beautiful! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Jessie/knightrone on 11:26 AM CDT said...

This is so super cute...I have a couple of those images but haven't inked them yet...maybe today is the day!!

jonisart on 11:41 AM CDT said...

Those colors, paper and image together are completely beautiful! This card works perfectly, amazing job!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Donna. I love your coloring and that you placed your image on the horizontal strip. It changes the entire layout.

Hugs and smiles

ChrissyM on 5:55 PM CDT said...

Gorgeous card! Love the image and the colors are perfect!

Unknown on 8:11 PM CDT said...

Donna this is seriously beautiful - you color so nicely!!! Your paper and everything is just perfect! :)

Carolina on 9:14 PM CDT said...

Just darlin' Donna! Love that DP!!!

Catherine on 11:27 PM CDT said...

what else can I expect from YOU... just stunning, Donna!

Antje on 6:58 AM CDT said...

Very well colored - and beautiful card!

Rose Ann on 10:46 AM CDT said...

This is so sweet, and your coloring is fabulous, Donna!! Wonderful sketch card!!

Lee on 3:04 PM CDT said...

Oh she is a beauty!!! And your coloring is fabulous....as always!!! When I visit can you teach me shading?? Please!!!?? And she is just perfect for Basic Grey papers!!

Bev on 5:06 AM CDT said...

What a gorgeous card, such a sweet image
hugs Bev x

Sankari W. on 10:14 PM CDT said...

What a beautifully lovely card - the colors are so soft and soothing - totally LOVE it !

Post a Comment