Thursday, August 14, 2008

Double SFYTT Orange & Pink ooh la la!!


Jen i{heart}2stamp always has a great sketch for you to try (SFYTT) on Saturdays and I have 2 to share with you today from the past 2 weeks! My first card is dedicated to Irene - she is the illustrator for the Doodlefactory Collection of Starving Artistamps which I adore! I'm honored that she takes the time to read my blog, anticipating my next creation using the stamps she has created. You may remember a few weeks back I made a pink Julius from the Country Collection. Well, her comment on that card was, "Haha, next up, an Orange Julius! :)" there was no way I couldn't make not make an Orange Julius after that comment! I handwrote the saying in the bubble quote, which, along with the doodles, circles & grass are from another DF set called DoodleDads!



This little pink number is from Gina K Designs new set Little Tees, illustrated by my friend Melanie. There are so many fun options in this set; you could create a t-shirt for so many occasions, people and events! She has a great tip sheet using her set on her blog and this is one taken from it. I like the spectrum pads that SU! used to sell and I have kept them all, especially this one because I love pink. Look at the soft blending of the colors the spectrum pads lend when you use a rubber brayering to apply. This card was simple to make but I think makes a big impact!

Pin It

20 comments on "Double SFYTT Orange & Pink ooh la la!!"

Dawn Easton on 7:34 AM CDT said...

Donna, both cards are wonderful! Love that adorable image on the first one!!

Lee on 9:34 AM CDT said...

Heee!!! Orange Julius!!! I never woulda thought of that!! How awesome!! And that Spectrum Tee is DIVA-INE!!! LOL Okay, that was a stretch!! LOL I love the pinks!!

Alex on 9:52 AM CDT said...

Oooh, how cute - they are both fabulous Donna, but that first one is just too adorable!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Angie Tieman on 11:00 AM CDT said...

Great job on the sketches!! The first one is so bright and fun love it! Also love how you did that tee on the second one...haven't thought about my spectrum pads for a long time, and it looks awesome here!

Rose Ann on 12:52 PM CDT said...

Your orange Julius is wonderful, and I love the sketch!! I love your pretty Diva shirt too!! Such pretty colors and a great sketch as well@@

Anonymous said...

AWESOME cards chica!! love 'em!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas on 1:40 PM CDT said...

FAbulous cards Donna. I am still playing catch up on last Saturdays sketch..Cute images, especially that little yak(?)

Christi Flores on 2:27 PM CDT said...

I LOVE both of your cards!! Aren't Jen's sketches the best?!

DoodleFactory on 5:38 PM CDT said...

Haha, I left you a comment on the company blog, but it's never too many times to tell you how awesome your creations are. You're even rocking the old school DoodleDad sets, yay!

Cat Tidwell on 6:13 PM CDT said...

Hahaha! I knew it was coming! Too cute! Hes adorable! Cant wait to ink him up myself too! (gonna order the cling before I cut out though, lol) And LOVE the Tee of course, and in PINK! LOVE it even more!

Anonymous said...

Both cards are gorgeous!!! I just love using my Little Tees set.

Theresa Momber on 8:49 PM CDT said...

Oh these are awesome. Love that goat image. Your coloring is beautiful.

Barbara Schram on 8:57 PM CDT said...

Oh you are the greatest Donna! How fun is the orange julius? So much fun! Great takes on both sketches!

Ila on 3:20 AM CDT said...

I love both of these cards. They are Gorgeous...and the layouts are Fabulous!..Hugs, Ila

Catherine on 9:46 AM CDT said...

both cards are just adorable..as always!

Unknown on 10:04 PM CDT said...

Very neat cards - LOVE the spectrum pad tee shirt!! So cool! :)

Kristine on 11:01 PM CDT said...

VERY nice card--LOVE the pinky card Donna--great job =)

Kristine on 11:37 PM CDT said...

OH, the first time I came, I only saw the pink card--the orange one wasn't there, but everyone's comments were confusing me, HAHAHA. NOW I see what they were talking about--What a CUTEE card!! And funny too. Love it Donna!

Jessie/knightrone on 12:01 PM CDT said...

Supah cute Donna!!! I love the Orange Julius card, too funny!!

Melanie on 11:34 AM CDT said...

hmmm, I thought I commented on this already, but I guess it was your SCS gallery, I wish I had that cotton candy pad now, this looks fabulous!!!

Post a Comment