Sunday, August 10, 2008

TECC28: Stack 'o Cupcakes for the Birthday Person



I broke down & got the Sock Monkey set - new by SU! for the Fall/Winter catalog - I just had to since I saw a sneak peek of accessories for him which makes the set more versatile! It's like the new Favorite Teddy Bear!!

I knew I wanted to put him in ***Taylor's 28th Installment of Friday's Cupcake Challenge because he's a bigger stamp and her sketch is for a tall card. In order to fill the proportions he has a stack of cupcakes to give the birthday person! Her sketch is a great way to use up smaller scraps of dp (if you use that instead of ribbon, wow I can't believe I didn't put ribbon on this card). The cupcakes have dazzling diamonds on them & of course this is the New SU! designer paper Bella Rose (I was calling it Bella Rosa until I realized the real name last week, ha). Isn't he cute?? I really LOVE the new In Colors (well, Tangerine Tango & Pacific Point are on the bottom of my list of favorites but it's nice working with fresh, new colors).

***If you have never participated in Taylor's weekly cupcake challenge, what are you waiting for? She always has great challenges and you could be featured on her blog the following Friday with the new challenge (and she sends out a little goodie to each winner). Come on & play!! Oh and you don't have to have cupcake stamps to participate but if you do - great!
Pin It

17 comments on "TECC28: Stack 'o Cupcakes for the Birthday Person"

Rose Ann on 3:31 PM CDT said...

Tee, hee...I am almost at the point of breaking down too! This is adorable, Donna!! I love those cupcakes, and your pretty papers too!!

Have lots of catching up to do here, I see. *wink*

Angie Tieman on 4:42 PM CDT said...

OH wow! This is so awesome! I love those stacked cupcakes!! This is the best sock monkey card ever!

Kathryn on 5:56 PM CDT said...

Fantastic card -- LOVE that new DP and the Sock Monkey is adorable!!
:)

Linsey R on 9:22 PM CDT said...

OH, this is so yummy and darling! I want this set too--I think I'll be breaking down next week at my demo's SU! club, hehe :) I haven't played in Taylor's cupcake challenge yet, but have been wanting to try it--you having the sketch right here is super helpful and cool! Thanks, buddy! I am always inspired by you some way or another and so I gave you the Brillante Weblog Award over at mine today. I just luv u! but don't feel obligated to play, I'm sure you have received this many times already, but I had to let cha know! Hugs!

Carolina on 9:42 PM CDT said...

OH Donna so glad you got him...this is just adorable! Love the way you stretched out the sketch and the colors are just perfect! Hope you had a nice weekend!

Liza on 11:03 PM CDT said...

Thank you for your comment Donna. Having just started this stamping/blogging world it is a great encouragement to see such lovely comments. Thanks!

Lee on 12:04 AM CDT said...

I wasn't sure I'd like this little sock monkey..........but you're card is one that is totally selling me on him!!! How adorable and holding the cupcakes!!! So perfect for a tall card!!!

Christi Flores on 10:08 AM CDT said...

I love this card!!! I just got some new cupcake stamps so now I have no excuse to not play along! :)

Deb Wood on 3:04 PM CDT said...

This is too cute. Leave it to you to make me like him. I certainly didn't in the preview! You rock!

Anonymous said...

I keep thinking I need the sock monkey. :) Your card is just adorable!!!

Melanie on 7:53 PM CDT said...

love him with the green!!

Tracey on 1:19 AM CDT said...

Fun card :-) Love the monkey!

Hugs
Tracey
x

Jessie/knightrone on 8:52 PM CDT said...

This is just super cute!! I am resisting too...but I am slowly being worn down by all the cute cards with this set!!

Taylor on 10:02 AM CDT said...

Donna....soooo cute! =) I love the color combo, and the cupakes look sooo good to eat! =) Thanks so much for playing! And great great job!

Tara Kieninger on 7:35 AM CDT said...

Too cute! Love the stacked cupcakes. Sock Monkey caught my eye from the beginning and I knew I had to have him!

Tara Kieninger on 7:35 AM CDT said...

Too cute! Love the stacked cupcakes. Sock Monkey caught my eye from the beginning and I knew I had to have him!

Anonymous said...

Donna, this guy is soooo awesome! Wow, I love the green and brown combo. I am loving all your cards too. You're a very talented girl! Gonna have to try out my monkeys in different colors! Thanks for the inspiration...

Post a Comment