Monday, August 25, 2008

Just Another Prettie Monday...


Falling For You Sophia again - I keep using her to try & hurry up Fall! I love it when we can give the a/c a rest & the cats can enjoy sitting on the windowsills enjoying the cool breeze & whatever creature has them enthralled. I love the opportunity to allow nature to water the lawn & the off chance I get to utilize a sweater.

I used a fun layout from Danielle for the Prettie Thursday Forum Challenge. She wanted our cards to lose a little around the middle (in other words, make a tall card) but I really wasn't in the mood to get out an envelope of a different size, so I spliced my card off the side to 3 1/4 and it will still fit in a standard envelope. HA!

Since I'm in the fall mood - I reached for my Basic Grey Mellow Pad and used 5 different patterns (the cloud background Sophia is stamped on is in the pack - that's what I love about them, they all go well together.

Pretties News:

1. Falling For You Sophia is the Stamp of the Month for September so if you'd like to get her before she's released to the general public, sign up before August 31st 11:59 p.m. CST

2. Back to School Sale (Friday August 15th until August 31st) Who says mom has to miss out on all the great deals when it's back to school time!?! EVERYTHING in the Paper Pretties Boutique is eligible, you can even shop from the SALE category and receive the specials!
Spend $25 in the Paper Pretties Boutique and you can choose any one of the Paper Pretties' sentiments for free (Christie just added some new ones on Friday)
Spend $50 you can choose a Paper Pretties' sentiment and a roll of American Crafts ribbon.
Spend $100 - you can choose a Paper Pretties' sentiment, a roll of American Crafts ribbon and you'll get FREE SHIPPING!!! When you check out, simply leave a note in the comments box which sentiment and ribbon you would like and Christie will make sure it gets put in your order! Orders over $100 will automatically not be charged shipping.

3. Stampin' In Your Jammies Party: Monday, September 1st (7 pm CST) in the Paper Pretties Forum. We will be releasing Howdy Girlfriend!!

4. Cutie Pie contest - start working on your submission(s) for the contest - your prize will be a gift certificate to the Pretties store. You need to submit your card to Christie at christie@paperpretties.net. by August 31st at 8pm CST and all entries should be uploaded at the Paper Pretties website and put in the Cutie Pie Submissions gallery. Pin It

13 comments on "Just Another Prettie Monday..."

Dawn Easton on 9:15 AM CDT said...

Donna, this is a FABULOUS fall card!

Catherine on 10:24 AM CDT said...

what a sweet card, Donna

Linsey R on 2:00 PM CDT said...

This is such a beauty, Donna! OH, what a most adorable stamp, she looks so darling in her overalls raking the Fall leaves! Your coloring is absolutely amazing! The sky looks fab! I love your card design and choices of patterns too! I luv it all and I'm so sorry for being the worst blogging buddy ever! I have been super busy and it's all been great, but I have been missing you and all my girls! Not to mention, I haven't stamped in almost a week, eek! I hope I'm getting back to normal soon with Fall comign and the weather getting colder--I tend to become my normal homebody self then, hehe! Anyway, hugs and luvs! :)

Lee on 3:21 PM CDT said...

Oh yes!! Autumn's coming, Autumn's coming!!! And Sophia is leading the way so adorably!!! I can't wait for this stamp!! But then, I still don't have my lil cowgirl!! I'm hoping she's in the mailbox today!!

Rose Ann on 6:24 PM CDT said...

This is so pretty and so sweet, Donna! As always..your coloring is beautiful, and I love your patterned papers too!!

Jessie/knightrone on 7:56 PM CDT said...

How FABULOUS!!! I love this SO MUCH!!! The cloud paper is awesome, and the little scene with Sophie is perfect!!

Sankari W. on 10:18 PM CDT said...

I love the fact that you didn't want to get another envelope so you just sliced this a little more to fit the dimensions - ! That is great!!! Those images are so pretty and autumnal - I love Fall - it is my FAVE season :) and this card just brings up brisk cool fall days -- wow - where did summer go? its starting to get a little cooler here in iowa.... speaking of which - sending you best wishes from IOwa! It's been such a pleasure to surf your blog donna and see all your beautiful work!!! Gorg-eous!

Alex on 12:43 AM CDT said...

Too cute Donna, this is such a wonderful fall card! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

jonisart on 11:48 AM CDT said...

This card is beautiful! I love that background you put in!

Christina Fischer on 12:13 PM CDT said...

Donna, this is beautiful! It totally captures why I love fall! :)

Carolina on 11:50 PM CDT said...

A total WOW! You've done some beautiful cards with this image!

Danielle L. on 11:44 PM CDT said...

FABULOUS! I love the scene that you've made for Sophia! Perfect!!!

Unknown on 10:38 PM CDT said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! :)

Post a Comment