Sunday, January 6, 2008

Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge - Just So Hippy Debut!




How many of you were in the Gina K Designs forum last night for the new stamps release party? At one time there were 216 gals (guys too?) in there! I stayed around an hour. There were 1,971 replies! It was fast & furious (they all are) but I wanted to support my friend Melanie Muenchinger of Hands, Head & Heart whose first stamp set was one of the releases called Just so Hippy just $17.95 for 18 images! And let me tell you, they are F-U-N to play with! Melanie and I hung out on Friday afternoon (I LOVE my 1/2 day Fridays schedule so I can do fun stuff like this!). She's a SAHM and the boys went across the street for a little while for us to chat & I could help her on her blog a little. Well, she let me bring her set home so I could play with it & of course I will be buying my own set because it is awesome!! btw, the welcome baby sentiment is not in the set, I typed & printed it up to go with the polyshrink baby hippo.

This card was made for Beate's weekly sketch challenge (week 29) I can hardly believe this is the first one I'm actually participating in; I have wanted to play for weeks now, but was just too busy with all the holiday stuff & other commitments. So here I am starting a new tradition to play.
Pin It

7 comments on "Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge - Just So Hippy Debut!"

Anonymous said...

Donna, your card turned out sooo cute! Love it. I love Melanie's set. She sure hit a home run with this one.
Hugs and smiles

Elizebeth on 3:09 PM CST said...

This is so cute! I love your polyshrink baby hippo!

Debbie Olson on 8:22 PM CST said...

How clever with the polyshrink baby, Donna! Great job!

Rose Ann on 12:04 AM CST said...

Super cute card, Donna!! I love how you made the baby! So awesome!!

I purchased this adorable set last night, and look forward to having some fun with it!

Anonymous said...

CUTE Alert!!
Donna ... this is darling!! I just love that little hippo!

Melanie on 9:34 AM CST said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Donna, you ROCK!!! Thanks for showcasing me like this!!!

Deb Wood on 6:09 PM CST said...

I can't believe I didn't buy this set! I am so in love with this hippo!! I figured I had enough monkeys and giraffes, but what's one more. Guess I need to go back to GinaK with the plastic!! This card is adorable, love the baby hippo!!

Post a Comment