Friday, January 25, 2008

One of a Kind Kickstand - Best of Show Winner


This is my first kickstand card (sketch created by Kirsten -Confessions of a Naptime Stamper) and was Sketch Challenge 158 I used Boho Backgrounds and One of a Kind from the new SU! catalog (view it from a link on the right side of my blog). I was so excited to see fresh new bright colors or glitter! I also adore the new felt flowers! Just wish they had more than one combo of flowers - they are great quality and variety of sizes/shapes. See this picture by Jami of More is More who did a chart with them all for you to see what you get in the cute square tin just aching to be altered! The numbers represent the amount of the shown flowers you get.



Back to my card - it won BEST OF SHOW at my Upline's house by vote!!! There were only 8 entries (down from what it usually is) but it won anyway! I got $30 free product from the catalog - woohoo! I am finally going to get some of the great ribbon scissors (craft & paper) but they will be designated for ribbon only! I just had a hard time dishing out $30 of my own $ for a pair of scissors, but since they're FREE, have no problemo. I was so excited to see the Define Your Life set had a 'unique' definition which fits PERFECTLY with the sentiment (upper right corner) in the One of a Kind set.

Pin It

6 comments on "One of a Kind Kickstand - Best of Show Winner"

Melanie on 7:46 AM CST said...

I can see whay you won! this is FANTASTIC!

Rose Ann on 11:08 AM CST said...

Awesome card, Donna!!! It's beautiful!! Congratulations on your win too!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 11:57 AM CST said...

Congratulations, Donna! So happy to finally see the card. . .it's gorgeous and definitely a winner! So happy for you!

Marilyn on 1:26 PM CST said...

I voted for yours - woohoo!! So glad you won - lucky for you! The first time I used the ribbon scissors was at the meeting and I really liked them too. Have fun with your new goodies!

Dawn Easton on 9:11 PM CST said...

WTG Donna! Congrats on your win...your card is beautiful!!

Sew Club on 8:30 AM CST said...

It's awesome, Donna! Love the card and congratulations! :)

Post a Comment