Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Feel Better Posies


Here is my first posie card made with the sweet set Posies For You by Anna Wight aka Sweet Miss Daisy (who I bet is just as sweet as her set). I've always been a fan of Anna's stamping, photography, artistic talent in general so I knew I would adore using her set as well. Be sure to check out her blog Sweet & Sassy Notes to be inspired & blown away!


She designed this set for Whipper Snapper - it's their first cling 'set' of stamps. I was the 4th person to order it when it was released last week! The reason I know I was 4th to get it is because Whipper Snapper said that the first 100 sets to be sold would be signed copies by Anna. So when I got it yesterday it said 4/100. How cool is that?! I hope to meet her one day, she's a fellow Texan so perhaps it will be in the stars *wink*

I used Prismacolor Pencils & Gamsol (check out a great tutorial by Gina K just posted & you can win some cool buckets to store yours in) and added a little sparkle with my favorite glitter Star Dust Stickles!

Cool Tip: see the Wild Wasabi corners on the focal image? They were made with leftover scraps from cutting the set out (the whole sheet has a line perimeter around it) as I was cutting I realized several of the pieces could be saved & used. Neat, huh??
Pin It

10 comments on "Feel Better Posies"

Ila on 8:50 AM CST said...

What a Fabulous card..So Pretty. Love the colors and the stamps.

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) on 8:50 AM CST said...

Wonderful card! Love how you combined a couple of different posies to create your bouquet! Thank you for sharing with me, and your readers! LOVE it!!! -Anna.

Heather S. on 11:30 AM CST said...

Wow, those are so pretty. You did a great job.

Unknown on 11:46 AM CST said...

Beautiful...love the scraps!
Thanks for the card, it was super marvelous.

Marilyn on 2:37 PM CST said...

Fabulous card - love the design and coloring!! Also, I've nominated you for the "Great Idea Award" - please come check my blog for the details!!

blah on 2:57 PM CST said...

Simply gorgeous! I love the little corners--I was wondering if you drew them in :-)

sophia landry on 5:18 PM CST said...

OOHH, you got this set!! It's just gorgeous! And I love what you did with it. I'v been eying this since it came out but sadly *sigh* stamping money is already spoken for. Can't wait to see more fun creations with it!

Unknown on 8:43 PM CST said...

What a pretty card Donna! Love your layout and the pretty coloring! :)

Rose Ann on 4:10 AM CST said...

This is so pretty!! I love your coloring and your tip!!

Melanie on 11:31 AM CST said...

what a great card!! I was thinking tommyself I really like how you dfrew in the corners and then I read the description that you made your own with crap rubber?? too kewl!!! I think I need to fling the great tip award back atcha! :D

Post a Comment