Saturday, January 12, 2008

Embrace Life Everyday


This calendar is one of our projects for this month's stamp club. I am teaching watercoloring which is great because it's one f my FAVORITE things about stamping! This calendar was inspired by Lisa Somerville as well as Debbie Olson's Embrace Life card which is just gorgeous! I really love purples & greens together so pairing these colors with this rose from the Embrace Life set was such a no brainer (but of course I hadn't thought about it before feasting my eyes on Debbie' work of art! duh) I added some Dazzling Diamonds to the roses which I believe just completes the project.


Then, since I was playing with Melanie's Just so Hippy set by Gina K Designs, I decided to make her this (click on link to see her blog post). I gave it to her on Weds when we met for lunch and a little shopping at Memory Depot which was fun, thanks Melanie! *wink* She wanted/needed her set back but I completely understood (she was without it, after all for nearly 5 days!) I so appreciated it but now I'm having withdrawals from it & hope it arrives soon!! She also gave me the cutest card but I have to find it so I can take a picture & upload it.

Here is the gift I presented to this month's stamp club hostess (Pam) and she loved it. I decided to make 2 because I knew I wanted to have one on hand as a sample once I gave the other one away. This tote was created by Leslie Miller of Running with Scissors. She has great directions and the ones she did are lovely. I used my new Ginger Blossom paper by SU! which is available now in the Spring/Summer Collection. Inside are 4 notecards made from leftover cardstock & paper used to make the tote Kraft notecards. On the left is an assortment of the Ginger Blossom paper, guava & river rock ribbon, ruby red, river rock and guava c/s so she can make more cards for her tote once she gives them away.
Pin It

7 comments on "Embrace Life Everyday"

Rose Ann on 3:25 PM CST said...

You are a busy girl, Donna!!

I love the beautiful colors, sparkle, stamps on calendar #1.

Calendar #2 is just tooooo cute! Love that giraffe!

Your tote is so beautiful with that patterned paper! I need to try Leslie's tute. (Just need to find the time). Sooo pretty!

Melissa on 1:42 PM CST said...

I love the idea of the Hostess Gift and think I will start incorporating it into all of my classes/workshops and clubs!

Many Blessings,
Melissa

Unknown on 12:34 PM CST said...

so cute...the calendar and that hostess gift! Wow!

Anonymous said...

All of the projects are wonderful! I love both calendars and the tote.
Hugs and smiles

Monika/Buzsy on 3:49 PM CST said...

Lovely gift set... great colors and nice presentation. TFS!

Deb Wood on 5:26 PM CST said...

Wow, these are awesome, really cute calendars and gorgeous bags. I want to come!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) on 4:25 PM CST said...

These projects are just wonderful!!! Beautifully done!!! Love the calendars!!!

Post a Comment