Saturday, January 26, 2008

Melanie's One of a Kind


I made this card the other night to give to Melanie & oddly enough within a few days she spontaneously called me to see if we could meet at lunch because her & her little boy were going to the shopping center up the hill from my work. She loved this card, so did my DH...I used her set Just so Hippy that Gina K Designs released just a few weeks ago. Go check out her blog - she currently has some great candy to give away (and she named it Melanie's Munchies per my suggestion, cool, huh?) She not only honored me with that, but gave me a 'You Make My Day Award' yesterday and said such sweet, sincere words about me that moved me to tears. She took such great care with all her nominations saying something special about everyone. Thanks, Melanie!

Back to my card - I used my Basic Grey Two Scoops paper I got from All That Scraps and matching brads (used on the photo corner on the lower left-how cute are they?) I used the sentiment 'you are one of a kind' from Stampin' Up!'s new set One of a Kind. I colored the hippos & made grass with copics. Blush Blossom & Wild Wasabi cardstock was used. Pin It

7 comments on "Melanie's One of a Kind"

Lisa's Blessed A Latte on 1:08 AM CST said...

Sweet....Love everything about this!!!

Rose Ann on 3:47 AM CST said...

Your card is so adorable, Donna!!

Melanie is a sweetheart...I totally agree! I loved your idea for Melanie's Munchies too! ;)

sophia landry on 9:01 AM CST said...

Oh this is too cute! Those hippos are adorable! Great little scene you created. That basic grey is awsome!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 12:27 PM CST said...

Oh I love it Donna! It's so adorable!

** Isa ** on 12:52 PM CST said...

More great cards Donna since my last visit! lol... And you must have known I was "coming today" because I love those hippos!

Hugs xxx

Marilyn on 11:04 AM CST said...

Those hippos are just too cute! I love your masking technique - always amazed with your talent!! Thanks for sharing my card - not sure the name of the technique but I used Pearl-Ex and Lumiere on glossy white c/s.

Cristina on 4:35 PM CST said...

This is an absolutely darling card!

Post a Comment